Castrol High Mileage

/ Castrol High Mileage #11  
<font color="blue"> </font> they even have high milage freon now. <font color="blue"> </font>

Mabe I can use it in a customer's old a/c unit that won't cool. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Castrol High Mileage #12  
maybe it's recycled and came out of a car with high milage.......... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Castrol High Mileage
Ok, so from the posts I've gathered a not so direct answer to my question. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Most of you think it is marketing ploys. But a couple of you do see some benefit from using it. As far as the modular motors are concerned, I have heard they are fincky about the oil weight. I've always used 10W-30 in them w/ no problem. It is amazing how little the tolerances are in those motors.

/ Castrol High Mileage #14  
fan, you are correct. late model mod motors (including v10 super duty) spec 5w20 and ford is adamant about it's us. tell me it has to be at least a semisynthetic in the can to meet the spec. seems as thin as water but appears to work. i do personally think these specialty oils are an advertising gimmic to get you to buy theirs over someone elses (IMHO) but will surely be more than adaquate. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Castrol High Mileage #15  
I had a 1989 Ford E-350 with a 350ci engine with about 125,000 miles that I bought abused when it was 5 years old. I tried the Castrol High Mileage, it did seem to bring up the oil pressure a little at hot idle. It didn't seem to help the leaking valve cover gasket tho. It will not hurt, and it was about the same price as "regular" oil.

/ Castrol High Mileage #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( fan, you are correct. late model mod motors (including v10 super duty) spec 5w20 and Ford is adamant about it's use. tell me it has to be at least a semisynthetic in the can to meet the spec. )</font>
/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif YIKES!! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif I've been running Mobil 1 5W-30 in my Mod motors, because the local Wally's stocks it in the 5 quart jugs. No probs so far (I'm on my 4th Mod engined vehicle to date), but, I better get a case of 5-20 before next change.

BTW - Sorry I can't help with the original question. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Castrol High Mileage #17  
Check your owners manual. Throughout the life of the mod motors, they have changed the recomendation several times. Your "710" cap(oil) might give you the recomendation as well.

The biggest issue is they guys running the heavy weight oils like 20w50 and such. You may never have a concern.