Where to buy fuel?

/ Where to buy fuel? #21  
Off-road fuel is the way to go, but around here even the farmers have to buy it 200 gallons at a time. I'd love to have a place that I could buy 20 or 30 gallons at a time. I'd be set for the season then.

Until then, the local Mobil has a good supply and since they are the only ones selling diesel in my town, its fresh.

/ Where to buy fuel? #22  
<font color="blue"> Wasn't able ro access the form.
Could you PM me a copy of it please?
</font>
The link works fine. It's a pdf. Also, if you can't get to the link in a thread, you'll have the same problem in a PM.

/ Where to buy fuel? #23  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Off-road fuel is the way to go, but around here even the farmers have to buy it 200 gallons at a time.
)</font>

Why not buy it fron the farmers then?
Or get a shared 200 gallon tank set up?

/ Where to buy fuel? #24  
I feel sory for everyone in Texas who has to put up with such a crock of crap..filling out a form (more like getting permission) to buy off road fuel.

do you have to get a form to get home heating fuel?(the same fuel as off road.) if not, why not just get another tank and have fuel guy put some in it. they don't need to know its not for your house. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Where to buy fuel? #25  
"I feel sory for everyone in Texas who has to put up with such a crock of crap..filling out a form (more like getting permission) to buy off road fuel.

do you have to get a form to get home heating fuel?(the same fuel as off road.) if not, why not just get another tank and have fuel guy put some in it. they don't need to know its not for your house."

Most of our home heating around here is Propane and we don't have to fill out a form for that either. (Been thinking about a gas/propane conversion on my Bronco II) I don't guess I know of anyone around here using diesel to heat their home. I think that may be a Northern thing.

/ Where to buy fuel? #26  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( do you have to get a form to get home heating fuel?(the same fuel as off road )</font>

We use electric, natural gas, LPG, and wood, but I've never seen a home in Texas heated with coal or oil. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I suppose such exists somewhere in the state; just that I've never seen it or known anyone who used it.

/ Where to buy fuel? #27  
I guess it is a northern thing, I didn't know that heating fuel was not used there, I imagine that heating fuel was popular up in the northern states because it was cheep, compaired to propane and elec. not that way anymore..

people use everything up here,, wood,coal(cheap way to heat but dirty, brother heats for $30 TO $35 A month with coal) we have propane filled up last wed. $690 will last us till summer. electric,oil,and corn, whatever it takes to stay warm we burn up here..

That said, I still think you should be able to heating oil in texas. that is the same as off road diesel, buy a tank order fuel(home heating oil) knowone the wiser and fuel man will care less.. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Where to buy fuel? #28  
Even with 2 tractors I use less than 10 gallons a month. I buy my fuel at the local truck stop. They have high turnover and it's conditioned to the season. Yes, I'm paying $.50/gallon more than off road or fuel oil, but it's just a few dollars a month.

/ Where to buy fuel? #29  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Off-road fuel is the way to go, but
1*around here even the farmers have to buy it 200 gallons at a time.
2* I'd love to have a place that I could buy 20 or 30 gallons at a time.

I'd be set for the season then.

)</font>
1*Around here it's 150 gallons at a time,but there's a way around that.
2* There are several ways to do that.