Polluted Synthetic Hydro Oil??

/ Polluted Synthetic Hydro Oil?? #1  

AKfish

Tractor
JD 5115M; JD 110 TLB; JD 4720; Ford 9N; JD X300R
I'm planning to change my hydraulic oil over to synthetic this Spring (6 gallons plus filter). Changed out the front diff and the engine to Mobil 1 this past fall already. Will likely go with Amsoil. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif I've got a 8A BH, a log-splitter, and a tilt cylinder, hoses and valve set up that I run off the power-beyond.
My question is --- how big a deal is it to pollute the new synthetic hydro oil with whatever JD OEM hydro oil that remains in those attachments. Oh yah, I almost forgot about my FEL, too. Thanks in advance for your comments. AKfish

/ Polluted Synthetic Hydro Oil?? #2  
<font color="blue"> how big a deal is it to pollute the new synthetic hydro oil with whatever JD OEM hydro oil that remains in those attachments. Oh yah, I almost forgot about my FEL, too. </font>
Not even a tiny deal. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Polluted Synthetic Hydro Oil?? #3  
Not even a deal, I would never use a synthetic oil that is not compatible with conventional oil. On the other hand, I know of none that are not.

/ Polluted Synthetic Hydro Oil?? #4  
If you were really worried about it, you could dump the old oil into a bucket via return lines and some connectors on the QD's, and just keep adding to the sump till it flowed clear. Might take a while to pressurize then purge.. but just depends how 'pure' you want it to be.

like the others said.. the new stuff should be compatible. i fthe old stuff is heavilly contaminated, I'd change the system oil with cheapy aw32.. and some 'transtune' addative to entrain water.. etc..etc.. as a flush.. fully circulate and then drain, and then add the new high dollar stuff.

Soundguy

/ Polluted Synthetic Hydro Oil?? #5  
I thought the same thing when switching my 990 over to Amsoil ATH (no, I'm not afraid to say that "A" word /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif ).

There's no convenient way to empty the cylinders and hoses, and even if you did drain them, there's still going to be a bit left clinging to the insides of everything, so just don't bother.

There's no compatibility issue, so the worst that happens is you "dilute" the good stuff with the old factory stuff a bit. It will all mix together with use and the next time you change it the old stuff will basically all be gone.
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif