More Snakeoil (hmmm) Amsoil news

/ More Snakeoil (hmmm) Amsoil news #1  

Charolais

Platinum Member
Tractor
Deutz Fahr Agrofarm 100, Stoll loader, bucket, forks & root grapple
Got my Action News flyer today and on the front page there's the new Ea bypass filtration. Upon further reading it says this filter will remove soot.

That's what I've been waiting for. I'll check in to it much more before ordering but this looks like extended oil drain intervals for diesel engines to me. If this is what I think it is I'll sure use it on my tractors.

https://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/eabp.aspx

OK you extended drain users, read up and type your thoughts. Looks like a plan to me. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif If this works we won't ever wear the threads out on the drain plugs and holes. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ More Snakeoil (hmmm) Amsoil news #2  
Cool. I'd love to have one of those on my tractor AND my truck. I'll have to see if my next preferred customer price list has those in it ...

Have you looked at their (or other company's) pre-lube systems? Stores a liter or two of oil under pressure that you can release into the engine oiling system before turning the engine over.

Both of those plus a little fresh Amsoil every 10,000 hours ( /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) and your engine should last quite a while ...

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ps. The link directly to the storefront page didn't work for me. Just go to www.amsoil.com - there is a link to the new bypass filter unit on the front page.

/ More Snakeoil (hmmm) Amsoil news
I hear you!!!

I looked at the prelube and like what I see. Just a little pricey for me. I do think the anti drain back filters help too. I know some here park their tractors for long periods of time. The prelube would sure help with that. I don't go many days without running one or the other of mine.

Sorry I didn't check the link after posting. And thanks for the correction.

I know a lot of folks with diesel engines that backed off Amsoil because of soot. They couldn't justify the cost of the oil with out longer drains. This new filter just may be the answer to that problem.

/ More Snakeoil (hmmm) Amsoil news #4  
One of my friends just got 53,000 miles on one oil change in his turbodiesel using Amsoil's 5W-30 with the filter bypass for soot removal, the nitration and oxidation finally decreased enough to mandate a change of oil, however the soot was still below 1%.

/ More Snakeoil (hmmm) Amsoil news #5  
Looks like the filter use would be a good idea for even non syn users. The less stuff circulating the better.

Soundguy

/ More Snakeoil (hmmm) Amsoil news #6  
Soot levels in circulating oil above about 3% are bad news, 1-2% is normal.

It is very difficult to remove the soot because it is so tiny, ranges from 1 micron to 5 microns and most filters do not touch it, however that is why the surfactant detergent additives are important, they keep it suspended in finer particles so it's does not aggregate to larger particles. It is very abrasive when aggregated.

/ More Snakeoil (hmmm) Amsoil news
SkyPup that's outstanding. I'd seen one of my neighbors go 36,000 on a 94 Dodge diesel. At that time he couldn't get a full flow filter from Amsoil nor an air filter but did use a bypass filter.