Gas station limits credit card purchase to $50

/ Gas station limits credit card purchase to $50 #71  
My wife has been using her Discover card that gives her a 5% rebate on gas. This extra 10 cents off a gallon at $2 a gallon helps out. Today we recieved a notice from Discover that starting January 1 they are only going to give 2% rebate on gas. :mad:

My Bank of America business card gives me a 5% rebate on gas too so I guess I will get her a card too on this account and throw away the Discover card.

/ Gas station limits credit card purchase to $50 #72  
Welcome to the real world....What is on television in the crime shows, CSI, NCIS, FBI, etc just to name a few and actual life in the fast lane of criminal activity is as different as night and day. I don't blame merchants for limiting the amount of gas one can pump.
I assume that the OP is paying "in advance" with a credit card, as such the above would not apply. Most stations around here make you pay in advance if you pay with case, but do not (AFAIK) limit the amount that you can get with a CC.

Aaron Z

/ Gas station limits credit card purchase to $50
I assume that the OP is paying "in advance" with a credit card, as such the above would not apply. Most stations around here make you pay in advance if you pay with case, but do not (AFAIK) limit the amount that you can get with a CC.

Aaron Z

Yes... I prefer to pay at the pump.

The Filling Station Attendants are barricaded behind Glass and Bars around here...

I have paid at the counter with a Mobil Card and was given the wrong one back... didn't realize it untill I went to buy fuel several days later... I just don't like leaving my card out of my sight.

Also, the merchants here will put a $150 to $200 hold when you have a truck and want to fill it... even if you only buy $120...

I grew up around the car business and would help out at the corner filling station... times have really changed and not for the better.