Price of Diesel

/ Price of Diesel #21  
Bird I don't know all of the state regulations and TX may have that rule. My question is how do you buy ag use gasoline then? The other reason I say that it isn't necessarily true is because in every state I've been in, including Texas just last week, you can buy non-dyed no tax fuel at most of the truck stops for refer and other off road use. My brother is one of the head supervisors for Krizenbeck who is one of the biggest construction companies in the country. They buy no tax non-dyed fuel all over the west, including california for their heavy equipment.

/ Price of Diesel #22  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
whoever buys a ford pays it. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif )</font>

========

What does buying a ford have to do with itthe price of diesel fuel?
Do i get a fuel discount if i buy a Chevy?

/ Price of Diesel #23  
<font color="blue"> It has to be purchased in some sort of fuel tank that is not not attached to your vehicle. </font>

Dose this mean it can't be pumped directly into your tractor?

=====

/ Price of Diesel #24  
Me thinks Jacksun hauls trucks from the L'ville Ford Truck Plant.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Later,
Dan

/ Price of Diesel #25  
JOE1; In response to the "clear off-road" fuel being "illegal", this company is a major supplier of fuel and lubricants in this area not a "mom & pop" station. They haul striaght from the refinery, have many of thier own stations thru out the state and service many farms and vinyards.

/ Price of Diesel #26  
Gasoline and diesel are treated completely different, from a dye standpoint.

Two things can cause diesel to have dye in it: First, exceeding 500 ppm sulfur, and/or second, not having road taxes paid on it. That means you can have high sulfur, untaxed fuel (with dye) or low sulfur, untaxed fuel (with dye). There is no legal way (nor is there ANY way that I'm aware of, and I've hauled a bunch of diesel) to pull undyed, untaxed fuel from a loading rack, and for good reason--if there was, unscrupulous people would do exactly that, then sell it as on-road, taxed fuel and there would be no way to enforce the law. That loophole was closed when dye started being used in 1993. The dye on untaxed fuel goes in at the loading rack--it is not left up to local distributors. If the fuel has no dye in it, you paid the tax. No legal way around it. Look it up in the CFR's and EPA regs.

/ Price of Diesel #27  
cp 1969:

Your understanding of the dye process is the same as mine. It's been tax or dye for at least 10 years in the US and 15 - 20 in Canada.

/ Price of Diesel #28  
Richard, you got me on that one. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I didn't think about the reefer trucks, even though one of my brothers drove one for a little over a year. I just know I got that letter saying I couldn't buy non-dyed diesel anymore, but I threw the letter away since I had just sold the tractor. Maybe (just a guess) it was because the paperwork and number I had was for ag use. I do know off road construction equipment uses non-taxed fuel, but I don't know whether they use dyed or not. Of course there's always a way around anything. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I know I had one farmer neighbor who had a 1,000 gallon tank, pump, etc. for his diesel for his 3 tractors, and for his diesel pickup and 18-wheeler that he delivered hay with, and he only used non-dyed diesel at that time. Of course he wasn't the most honest fellow in the world; even told me how he avoids paying income taxes. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Price of Diesel #29  
I'm not going to argue but it is perfectly legal to buy undyed fuel for off-road purposes. cp1969 no you would certainly not deliver undyed fuel to my farm. But you can go to a place that sells diesel, fill out the paperwork and not have to pay the taxes. The ones that don't do it we send in the paperwork from the fuel that we bought, just like gasoline, and get the tax credited back on our taxes. Yes you need to be a legitimate business and fill out your tax id #'s.
At the truck stops on the road I fill a 30 some gallon tank with regular dyed fuel at truckstops all across the country. The fuel is used to run the generator in our trailer. We fill up at the truck side, not the car side and it's done the same way as refer fuel.

/ Price of Diesel #30  
#2 Diesel here has gone up from $2.45 two weeks ago to $2.75 per gallon..... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif