Price of Diesel

/ Price of Diesel #1  

ultrarunner

Epic Contributor
SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
Tractor
Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 and RTV900 with restored 1948 Deere M, 1949 Farmall Cub, 1953 Ford Jubliee and 1957 Ford 740 Row Crop, Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer 50 assorted vehicles from 1905 to 2006
Is it just in California or is Diesel more expensive than premium 91 octane gasoline in your state too?

/ Price of Diesel #2  
In Orlando, Florida 91 octane premium at the corner Shell station is 243.9, diesel is 254.9. California is not an exception.

/ Price of Diesel #3  
The price is higher everywhere and I think it's a dang crime. I understand high gas prices but when diesel is 30-60 cents higher than gasoline something is not right. And yes I know all the crap about the refining and such but still it's not anymore than it takes to get regular gasoline. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Price of Diesel
At least I know that we are all in it together...

For many years it was not possible to buy a new diesel powered car in California and many in government support high diesel prices as a means to keep demand down.

In Europe, diesel accounts for nearly half of all the new cars sold and diesel car buyers are even given tax incentives to because of the better fuel economy.

/ Price of Diesel #5  
I just can't get over So. Ca prices are so much higher than elsewhere. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Where I live diesel is 6¢ to 10¢ higher than premium. I have to pay between $2.69 to $2.89 (and that's down) for premium and sometimes nearly $3.00 for diesel. What a racket!
I have looked for "off road" diesel but unsuccesful. Anybody have a link or something that shows where it's sold in CA? Would it be listed somewhere?

/ Price of Diesel #6  
As for the cost of diesel, I believe it's the supply/demand thing as it's probably in more demand somewhere else (does Iraq ring a bell?) since jet fuel is refined from this also. 3RRL; check with your local supplier and ask if they offer "clear off road" fuel as this will alow you to buy diesel with out the "taxes". My local supplier offers this because they don't have "off road" at all thier stations but you have to ask as they don't advertise it.

/ Price of Diesel #7  
Gas in NY is currently around 235.9 /gal. Diesel is 275.9. Gas has been holding pretty steady lately but diesel has varied between 268.9 - 289.9. sometimes it seems to change daily. When I bought my diesel truck, the cost of diesel was less than gas plus the diesel got more MPG than my last gas truck. What I saved in MPG is now costing me more to fuel up.

/ Price of Diesel #8  
call or go by your AG extension agent he will know where AG fuel is sold or stop anywhere you see local farm and ranchers and ask one of them they'll also know, especially the farmers.
Steve

/ Price of Diesel #9  
Are you just now noticing this? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Price of Diesel #10  
Yeah, apparently there is peace in the world today because I have seen regular unleaded for $1.94 a gallon and #2 diesel
for $2.29.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Gas in NY is currently around 235.9 /gal. Diesel is 275.9. Gas has been holding pretty steady lately but diesel has varied between 268.9 - 289.9. sometimes it seems to change daily. )</font>