Generic Hydraulic Fluid

/ Generic Hydraulic Fluid #1  

LarryD

Veteran Member
Tractor
TC33D
I had a friend deliver some hydraulic fluid to me as a favor after I said I needed to change mine.

He picked it up at Costco for a good price but I can not cross reference it to the NH 134D spec. It says Hydraulic Fluid AW-46 on the container as well as some other specs. It contains anti-wear additives as well as anti foaming/rust inhibitors. My main question is will this be suitable for hydrostatic transmissions. I'm about 5 hours past due for a change and just can't figure out if I want to put this in my tractor.

/ Generic Hydraulic Fluid #2  
-NO-

Aw32/46 is plain old hydraulic oil.. like what you would put in a log splitter.. or the closed sump hyds section of a tractor with a front end loader.

M2C134D is a transdraulif fluid ( UTF - universal tractor fluid ). It functions as a gear oil, hydraulic oil.. power steering oil.. etc. ) The aw46 won't have the protection needed for the rear end gears.

NH brand oil is a bit spendy. I generally go to tractor supply and get thr 5-6 gallon pails for 25$. lately I've also used the walmart supertech UTF for 5g / 20$.. both work fine, though the walmart oil may be alittle thinner. My NH 7610s and ford 5000 seem to like it fine.

Soundguy

/ Generic Hydraulic Fluid
Thanks Chris, that's kinda what I thought. I guess I just wanted to confirm that. This is my first (and I hope my last)hydrostatic transmission so I don't want to shorten it's life using the wrong lubricant.

/ Generic Hydraulic Fluid #4  
Soundguy.
The TSC premium UTF is $30 here now for 5 gal buckets.

I need to buy 2-3 buckets before it goes up more I guess.
Ben

/ Generic Hydraulic Fluid #5  
Wow... here in fl 5g pails 9 sometimes 6g pails ) are still 25$ or so... from tsc.. and 5g pails are 17-19$ from walmart..

Soundguy

/ Generic Hydraulic Fluid #6  
I went to Wal Mart yesterday to look for the Supertech fluid. They were out of it, but the price card on the shelf listed it at $28.95 for 5 gallon bucket. Same price more or less I paid at TSC for the 5 gal. bucket of Traveler fluid .

/ Generic Hydraulic Fluid #7  
Wow!.. everything must be more $$ 'up there' I paid almost 10$ less 'down here' in florida.

Soundguy

/ Generic Hydraulic Fluid #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I went to Wal Mart yesterday to look for the Supertech fluid. They were out of it, but the price card on the shelf listed it at $28.95 for 5 gallon bucket. Same price more or less I paid at TSC for the 5 gal. bucket of Traveler fluid . )</font>

Might be along the lines of somethign I heard ar the local WM Super Store here. Some dude was bitchen about the 5 qt jugs of ?? some brand?? of oil that WM had. It was $22 for a 5 qt jug. He told the guy behind the counter "Its only $18.95 at TSC"...so the guy behind the counter asked why he didnt go and buy it from TSC??... The guy replied .."I would but their out of it right now"....and the guy behind the counter said.."Ohh..I see. Well when we're out of it...its only $15.95".....LMAO

/ Generic Hydraulic Fluid #9  
<font color="blue"> 'I went to Wal Mart yesterday to look for the Supertech fluid....... the price card on the shelf listed it at $28.95 for 5 gallon' </font>

$32.95 in Carson City NV Wal Marts. I just bought a 5 gal pail of plain hyd oil for my dump truck lift and that was $25 at Wal Mart.

/ Generic Hydraulic Fluid #10  
This is my first post on this board, but I'm not a noob to the site. I have a DX29 coming to live with me any day now. The book calls for HyTran Ultra oil for just about everything except the engine. I have a bucket of universal tractor oil that's about 5 years old or so. It's old enough that the HyTran ultra name wasn't around, but regular HyTran was. I'm presuming it is not up to spec when ultra is called for, but there are no numbers given in the manual, just the brand.

What are the SAE spec numbers for the Ultra?? The book gives a CNH part number, but that's all --139029A2. The book also just says 10W-30 or 15W-40 for engine oil, nothing about service ratings.

The book is not very helpful. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif