Unbiased truth about alternative fuels

/ Unbiased truth about alternative fuels #1  

cowboydoc

Tractor
JD 8320 MFWD, JD 6415 MFWD, FEL, and cab, John Deere MFWD 4600, John Deere 4020, John Deere 4430, John Deere 455 mower, Deutz, and Gehl 4610 perkins skidsteer
If you can pick up the new copy of Popular Mechanics there is an excellent article in there on the truth about alternative fuel and reality of fuel in general for the future.

/ Unbiased truth about alternative fuels #2  
Thanks for the update. It's fun to venture through a Popular Mechanics now and then. I look forward to seeing it.

/ Unbiased truth about alternative fuels
It's a really good article Rat and breaks everything down.

/ Unbiased truth about alternative fuels #4  
OK, doc, I'm interested... My youngest son gets Popular Mechanics but I don't know where he hides 'em (ya can't go in his room until it's been sprayed --again). So, it could be next spring before I come across that issue.
No need to go into 15 pages of posts --- does it or does it not offer real potential to contribute to the nation's energy future?
Does it make economic sense to invest in the technology? Thanks.
AKfish

Oh yah, Alaska produces 25% of the nation's oil and there's an 80,000 bbl per day refinery 45 miles from my house.
Diesel is $2.72/gal in town. Up $.20/gal in the past week.
/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Unbiased truth about alternative fuels #5  
One of the lowest cost alternatives is biodiesel in a Jetta TDI. Now, all we need is to make both the fuel and more diesel cars more available.

Benz, where's my new stick shift diesel? Our 240D may become ancient by the time you give us another one.

Ralph

/ Unbiased truth about alternative fuels #6  
Ralph,

I was reading this weekend that in the Fall of 2006 Benz will have E class cars with diesels for sale. Can't remember what the model number was nor where I read the article. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I also read that if 1/3 of SUV had diesels that would lower fuel usage by the amount of oil we buy from Saudi Arabia.

That last tid bit makes we think I read this in the Turbo Diesel magazing I pick up at the newstand.

Later,
Dan