PRICE COMPARISON

/ PRICE COMPARISON #2  
Yes, In Michigan there is and it because of taxes.. Add around 50 cents to a gallon..

Road fuel is state and fed taxed, home heating and farming is not so taxed.

Running home heating fuel in an on road truck is tax evasion. Your local supplier may be obligated to report or may not sell to you if you are not using it for home heating or risk tax problems himself, at least in Michigan..

The gov't makes the distributor collect the tax or justify why is not collected.

For instance, I have a sales tax license. If I sell to anyone who is not legally allowed to claim exhemption, I am liable for the tax. Of those that are, I have to have a legal document signed by them (under perjury penalty) requesting an exhemption and on what grounds.

/ PRICE COMPARISON #3  
It must be great to have the IRS investigating you for something like fuel tax evasion....... NOT! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ PRICE COMPARISON #4  
<font color="blue"> IS there any difference between the price of home heating oil and diesel fuel ? ? </font>
In many (all?) places, home heating oil = off road diesel. The price difference between off road and on road is a topic that's been discussed many times before.

/ PRICE COMPARISON #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( IS there any difference between the price of home heating oil and diesel fuel ? ? )</font>

Today (4-21) in Massachusetts:
home heating oil $2.35 gal.
diesel fuel $3.00 gal.
So to answer your question about $.65 gal.
Ken /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ PRICE COMPARISON
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> IS there any difference between the price of home heating oil and diesel fuel ? ? </font>
In many (all?) places, home heating oil = off road diesel. <font color="green">
The price difference between off road and on road is a topic that's been discussed many times before. )</font> </font>
<font color="green"> That wasn't my question. </font>
<font color="brown"> I was wanting to know if the price of fuel oil i.e. home heating oil and off road diesel was the same? </font>

/ PRICE COMPARISON #7  
<font color="green"> That wasn't my question. </font>
<font color="brown"> I was wanting to know if the price of fuel oil i.e. home heating oil and off road diesel was the same?</font>
Read my entire post.
1* In many (all?) places, home heating oil = off road diesel.

If home heating oil = off road diesel, then there is no price difference.

/ PRICE COMPARISON #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( IS there any difference between the price of home heating oil and diesel fuel ? ? )</font>

Where I live...home heating oil...#2 grade..and "off road diesel" ...#2...come out of the same truck...are dyed the same color..and cost the same.

/ PRICE COMPARISON
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(

Where I live...home heating oil...#2 grade..and "off road diesel" ...#2...come out of the same truck...are dyed the same color..and cost the same. )</font>
::::::::: <font color="red">
Thanks </font>
<font color="brown"> This answered both of my questions! </font>

/ PRICE COMPARISON
<font color="cranberry"> IS there any difference between the price of home heating oil and diesel fuel ? </font>

<font color="blue"> Today (4-21) in Massachusetts:
home heating oil $2.35 gal.
diesel fuel $3.00 gal.
So to answer your question about $.65 gal.
</font> Ken
<font color="#666666"> Just got back from a station that has off road diesel $2.50 a gallon.
Home heating oil was $2.74 per Gal.
</font>
BOTH were dyed <font color="red">RED </font>