diesel fuel additive??????????

/ diesel fuel additive?????????? #21  
Links to the two PS products. You will find the MSDS sheets there too which it would not hurt you to review and maybe download for future reference.

Diesel Kleen

Diesel Fuel Supplement

MSDS have very little benefit when trying to determine or compare effectiveness of a product. They are intended to provide safety information to deal with exposure and fire hazards. What you want to review is referred to as "Product Date" or "Technical Data". This information will give you all the information about the make up and use of the product along with test results. It also helps if you know how to separate fact from rhetoric. One example is I was comparing TD sheets for greases. One of the products had temps listed as Celcius when they were actually Farenheit. You can imagine it made the grease temp range look good. You would think a simple mistake, but when the company refused to change it after I pointed it out. Obviously a calculated intentional "error".

/ diesel fuel additive?????????? #23  
MSDS have very little benefit when trying to determine or compare effectiveness of a product.

No kidding.

I posted the link to the MSDS sheets for handling, storage, health risksm and the PPE information, not for product comparison.

/ diesel fuel additive?????????? #24  
White bottle Power Service has my bet.

/ diesel fuel additive?????????? #25  
+1 White bottle Power Service. Was just add'n it in winter, but ran treated fuel all season with PS last year, I had enough PS to treat it all so thats just what I did:D

The diesel available from different distributors anymore greatly varies in quality I have found out.....

In my experience, fuel from one "station" after just a tank of running seems to make more smoke, engine start a little harder.... I quit buying from there.

A friend of mine found out after using same fuel from same station just way more of it than me, was going threw more filters than I on top of the same starting issues and other "quirks" he was describing. Like fuel varying in died color at times. Maybe not a concern, but made both of us wonder....

We both now use a distributor who monitors the fuel quality cause they use the same stuff in all of there delivery trucks and vehicles. Color of fuel is always consistent, my tractor runs always starts good, same for my friends equipment. The other mentioned "Station" is a truck stop, just more or less interested in selling fuel.

/ diesel fuel additive?????????? #26  
   / diesel fuel additive?????????? #29  
+1 White bottle Power Service. Was just add'n it in winter, but ran treated fuel all season with PS last year, I had enough PS to treat it all so thats just what I did:D

The diesel available from different distributors anymore greatly varies in quality I have found out.....

Funny, my oil testing house said skip the PS. Based on the UOA, he was right.

/ diesel fuel additive?????????? #30  
Schaeffer Diesel Treat 2000. A gallon treats 2000 gallons and I can get it for $40 per gallon. And its proven to work. Been running it for two years with no problems.