diesel fuel additive??????????

/ diesel fuel additive?????????? #1  

whitearrow

Silver Member
Tractor
john deere 5203
what is the best diesel fuel additive to combat water forming and gelling of the fuel?
thanks,
whitearrow->>>------------------->

/ diesel fuel additive?????????? #2  
There are dozens of threads that talk about additives and what people use is all over the board because they all work. There is no 'best'.

/ diesel fuel additive?????????? #4  
I use 3 ounces per 5 gallon of diesel fuel year round.
Here is the easiest way to do it.
Pour 9 ounces of Power Service from the white bottle into a baby bottle.
Take a black felt tip marker and mark the 3 6 and 9 oz measurements on the baby bottle.
Once you've done this you will never have to mess with cleaning up a funnel and measuring cup again after adding the 3 ounces of power service to the 5 gallon can of diesel fuel
~~~~~~~~~

/ diesel fuel additive?????????? #5  
Perhaps using the "glug" method is easier yet? I use that method. Eyeball it pouring into your container, a couple of "glugs" and I'm done. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ diesel fuel additive?????????? #6  
I noticed when adding PS to my 5 gallon can that the PS bottle has ounce markings on it. I added the required two glugs which ended up pretty close to 3 ounces. It is smelly stuff though and covers up the diesel smell.

I use the PS grey bottle in my moderate climate, but the white bottle seemed almost the same. Bought at walmart for cheap.

/ diesel fuel additive?????????? #7  
Highbeam,
I use the white bottle...Out of curiosity, what is the difference between the two (grey & white)? Anything noticeable that you've come across? Does one give better performance?
Yes...Wallmart definitely cheaper than anywhere I've found.

/ diesel fuel additive?????????? #8  
I sat both bottles side by side and the only difference I could see is that the white offered more antigelling protection which is not a problem in western WA. They both had the lubricity additives and water removal property. Though neither bottle offers algae or biological protection. The grey pointed out that it eliminates the algae causing conditions though. I am most concerned with algae, water, and lubricity.

/ diesel fuel additive?????????? #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Perhaps using the "glug" method is easier yet?)</font>

I find I tend to get as much on the outside of the 5 gal container as on the inside when using the "glug" method.

A brilliant hint, that I learned here.

When you open a new bottle of PS, don't tear off the foil covering the hole. Instead, punch 2 small holes at 6 and 12 o'clock. The stuff will pour out of one hole as a nice controllable stream (with air sucking into the other).

I also make marks on the side of a 32 oz. bottle with a Sharpie (~10 of them) to make metering easier. Pour one mark's worth per 5 gal can.

Jay