White Lithium Grease OK?

/ White Lithium Grease OK? #1  

KennK

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320
The only Grade #2 grease my local Home Depot carries is Plews LubriMatic White Lithium Grease.

Is that OK to use on my new JD 3320 tractor w/ the 300CX loader?

The closest JD dealer is far enough away to make buy JD-brand grease a pain.

/ White Lithium Grease OK?
The only Grade #2 grease my local Home Depot carries is Plews LubriMatic White Lithium Grease.

Is that OK to use on my new JD 3320 tractor w/ the 300CX loader?

The closest JD dealer is far enough away to make buy JD-brand grease a pain.

/ White Lithium Grease OK? #3  
I think I would try Walmart or an auto parts store. You need a high pressure type. It's about $2.50 at Walmart. You will be greasing it every 10 hrs so you may want to get several tubes to have some on hand.

/ White Lithium Grease OK? #4  
I think I would try Walmart or an auto parts store. You need a high pressure type. It's about $2.50 at Walmart. You will be greasing it every 10 hrs so you may want to get several tubes to have some on hand.

/ White Lithium Grease OK? #5  
I would not use the WL grease in a pressure zerk type of application unless the application specifically called for it. Usually the GP moly grease is fine.

Ben

/ White Lithium Grease OK? #6  
I would not use the WL grease in a pressure zerk type of application unless the application specifically called for it. Usually the GP moly grease is fine.

Ben

/ White Lithium Grease OK? #7  
I like the lithium based general purpose chassis grease with the EP or extreme pressure rating. I go for the red color because it's fun. This EP grease isn't light and buttery but just about as thick as peanut butter.

I overgrease, it makes a mess, but too much beats too little.

/ White Lithium Grease OK? #8  
I like the lithium based general purpose chassis grease with the EP or extreme pressure rating. I go for the red color because it's fun. This EP grease isn't light and buttery but just about as thick as peanut butter.

I overgrease, it makes a mess, but too much beats too little.

/ White Lithium Grease OK? #9  
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( The only Grade #2 grease my local Home Depot carries is Plews LubriMatic White Lithium Grease. )</font>

I went in search of grease recently too. Stopped in to the local HD all I found was the dark gray LubriPlate Multi-Purpose Lithium Grease. It is rated NLGI Grade #1-1/2 w/ a 350*F Dropping Point, Timken OK Load Rating not noted, for $2.19/cartridge. I passed. Wally's had dark gray SuperTech Moly-Lithium Extreme Pressure rated NLGI Grade #2 w/ a 350*F Dropping Point, 45lb Timken OK Load Rating for $2.12/cartridge. I understand both are compatible for mixing with Lithium 12-HydroxyStearate bases and, since I want to use only one grease for both chassis and bearing use, I chose the ML-EP Grade #2 Grease.

The term "white lithium" does cause some confusion for me though. My new B7610 came with fresh dollops of white grease oozing from ALL zerk fittings, chassis, bearing, FEL, whatever. Naturally I assumed it was a white, not dark gray, Lithium 12-HydroxyStearate based grease, and NOT a synthetic base. I didn't think that color was the single distinguishing feature that signified a soap or synthethic base for greases. At least, I sure as heck hope not... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ White Lithium Grease OK? #10  
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( The only Grade #2 grease my local Home Depot carries is Plews LubriMatic White Lithium Grease. )</font>

I went in search of grease recently too. Stopped in to the local HD all I found was the dark gray LubriPlate Multi-Purpose Lithium Grease. It is rated NLGI Grade #1-1/2 w/ a 350*F Dropping Point, Timken OK Load Rating not noted, for $2.19/cartridge. I passed. Wally's had dark gray SuperTech Moly-Lithium Extreme Pressure rated NLGI Grade #2 w/ a 350*F Dropping Point, 45lb Timken OK Load Rating for $2.12/cartridge. I understand both are compatible for mixing with Lithium 12-HydroxyStearate bases and, since I want to use only one grease for both chassis and bearing use, I chose the ML-EP Grade #2 Grease.

The term "white lithium" does cause some confusion for me though. My new B7610 came with fresh dollops of white grease oozing from ALL zerk fittings, chassis, bearing, FEL, whatever. Naturally I assumed it was a white, not dark gray, Lithium 12-HydroxyStearate based grease, and NOT a synthetic base. I didn't think that color was the single distinguishing feature that signified a soap or synthethic base for greases. At least, I sure as heck hope not... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif