home heating oil ?

/ home heating oil ? #1  

Diesel_Boy

Silver Member
hi all,
ok this has probably been brought up before. can home heating oil be used in my kubota for emergency purposes? would it have to be mixed with something like kerosene, and in what proportions, along with any additives like PS? thanks.

/ home heating oil ?
hi all,
ok this has probably been brought up before. can home heating oil be used in my kubota for emergency purposes? would it have to be mixed with something like kerosene, and in what proportions, along with any additives like PS? thanks.

/ home heating oil ? #3  
Home heating oil can be used in your tractor with no problems. In fact, IN SOME AREAS OF THE COUNTRY, home heating oil is exactly the same as pump diesel only it has the red dye added.

In a few months it won't really matter at all since home heating oil, on-road diesel and off-road diesel will all be the same fuel just about everywhere. The only difference will be the red dye.

/ home heating oil ? #4  
Home heating oil can be used in your tractor with no problems. In fact, IN SOME AREAS OF THE COUNTRY, home heating oil is exactly the same as pump diesel only it has the red dye added.

In a few months it won't really matter at all since home heating oil, on-road diesel and off-road diesel will all be the same fuel just about everywhere. The only difference will be the red dye.

/ home heating oil ? #5  
<font color="blue"> IN SOME AREAS OF THE COUNTRY, home heating oil is exactly the same as pump diesel only it has the red dye added.
</font>

They are one and the same in my area including both having the red dye.

/ home heating oil ? #6  
<font color="blue"> IN SOME AREAS OF THE COUNTRY, home heating oil is exactly the same as pump diesel only it has the red dye added.
</font>

They are one and the same in my area including both having the red dye.

/ home heating oil ? #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( They are one and the same in my area including both having the red dye. )</font>

I assume you mean off-road pump diesel. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Very shortly for most of the country, and definitely California, there will be absolutely no difference between on-road, off-road and home heating oil except for any dye added.

/ home heating oil ? #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( They are one and the same in my area including both having the red dye. )</font>

I assume you mean off-road pump diesel. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Very shortly for most of the country, and definitely California, there will be absolutely no difference between on-road, off-road and home heating oil except for any dye added.

/ home heating oil ? #9  
But wait, won't that mean absolute and complete total destruction of all the high sulfur diesel engines manufactured prior to 2007?? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

How many pounds of sulfur will I have to add to my diesel fuel to prevent engine damage? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ home heating oil ? #10  
But wait, won't that mean absolute and complete total destruction of all the high sulfur diesel engines manufactured prior to 2007?? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

How many pounds of sulfur will I have to add to my diesel fuel to prevent engine damage? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif