How to load a grease gun ?

/ How to load a grease gun ? #1  

chabat124

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 4610, IH 300 Utility, '52 Ferguson TO30
I must be an idiot, but I can't get this thing loaded. I got it from tractor supply. It says it is two way loading. The cartridge fits in the gun, but the rubber plunger won't go past the metal lip on the cartridge. Am I supposed to spoon it in there? With the plunger all the way at the top you can't compress the spring enough to screw the end cap back on.

Help?! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Attachments

• 894609-grease gun.jpg
    894609-grease gun.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 5,981
   / How to load a grease gun ?
I must be an idiot, but I can't get this thing loaded. I got it from tractor supply. It says it is two way loading. The cartridge fits in the gun, but the rubber plunger won't go past the metal lip on the cartridge. Am I supposed to spoon it in there? With the plunger all the way at the top you can't compress the spring enough to screw the end cap back on.

Help?! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ How to load a grease gun ? #3  
Are you loading it from the tail ???? It must be loaded from the pump end.

/ How to load a grease gun ? #4  
Are you loading it from the tail ???? It must be loaded from the pump end.

/ How to load a grease gun ? #5  
With the gun assembled like the picture, pull the plunger all the way out and it should have a tab or something, if you cock the plunger handle to one side it will lock in place. Now unscrew the body(leave the plunger end on the body, we are unscrewing the other end) from the pump end. Now take your grease cartridge and remove the plastic cap or whatever is on the end(not the pop top end) and slide it into the body of the tube. Now remove the pop top from the pump end of the cartridge. Screw the body back into the pump head. Now release the plunger and pump the gun a few times and the grease should flow.

/ How to load a grease gun ? #6  
With the gun assembled like the picture, pull the plunger all the way out and it should have a tab or something, if you cock the plunger handle to one side it will lock in place. Now unscrew the body(leave the plunger end on the body, we are unscrewing the other end) from the pump end. Now take your grease cartridge and remove the plastic cap or whatever is on the end(not the pop top end) and slide it into the body of the tube. Now remove the pop top from the pump end of the cartridge. Screw the body back into the pump head. Now release the plunger and pump the gun a few times and the grease should flow.

Thanks bbse. I was trying to load it with the cylinder attached to the pump body. Wrong. I figured that out finally.

I am living proof that you can't have enough diagrams in the instruction manual. (As I said there weren't any diagrams in the instructions).

Thanks bbse. I was trying to load it with the cylinder attached to the pump body. Wrong. I figured that out finally.

I am living proof that you can't have enough diagrams in the instruction manual. (As I said there weren't any diagrams in the instructions).

/ How to load a grease gun ? #9  
Don't accidentally release the plunger from its catch with the grease cartridge loaded in there and the top/pump end off. It will shoot a cartridge of Type 2 grease a loooooooong way. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ How to load a grease gun ? #10  
Don't accidentally release the plunger from its catch with the grease cartridge loaded in there and the top/pump end off. It will shoot a cartridge of Type 2 grease a loooooooong way. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif