so what would you fellas do????????

/ so what would you fellas do???????? #1  

whitearrow

Silver Member
Tractor
john deere 5203
after the last post on the pros and cons of adding power service to the storage tank i am really confused.so what would you guys use to combat anythink growing in the storage tank,be it water or algae etc.?i am still planning on adding power service directly to the tank of my tractor but not sure what i should put in the storage tank.does power service make any products for this job?
thanks,
whitearrow->>>----------------->

/ so what would you fellas do????????
after the last post on the pros and cons of adding power service to the storage tank i am really confused.so what would you guys use to combat anythink growing in the storage tank,be it water or algae etc.?i am still planning on adding power service directly to the tank of my tractor but not sure what i should put in the storage tank.does power service make any products for this job?
thanks,
whitearrow->>>----------------->

/ so what would you fellas do???????? #3  
Have you visited the Power Service site? Click Here. There are complete descriptions of all their products, including a new product that does exactly what you want. While getting opinions is good, often it's better to go to the source of information.

/ so what would you fellas do???????? #4  
Have you visited the Power Service site? Click Here. There are complete descriptions of all their products, including a new product that does exactly what you want. While getting opinions is good, often it's better to go to the source of information.

/ so what would you fellas do???????? #5  
It depends on how you store your fuel and what you are trying to accomplish.

If you can keep the sun off your tank by putting it in a building, under a roof, or underground your tank will stay a lot cooler. Temperature seems to be the primary problem if you use cetane enhancers.

The length of time you store your fuel is also a factor. No one can give you an exact length of time because so many other factors effect this, such as humidity, fuel age when delivered, make-up of the fuel you get, and temperature. In general it seems storing fuel more than six months means you really need a stabilizer, and you probably should avoid cetane enhancers.

Are you really looking for a cetane enhancer? Or are you more concerned about fuel stabilization? The point I've been trying to make is...not all fuel treatments are the same. They do different things. Don't use the wrong product to do a job that it wasn't made for. It may actually be working against your goal.

If you are looking for a stabilizer, take a look at PRI-D. You will also need a biocide, PRI makes one too.

Despite a number of people saying that they are going to keep using PS in their storage tanks no matter what, I haven't seen any published material that this makes sense in all cases. I have read documents saying it could be a problem. I know enough about the chemistry here to that I'm not reading BS. Companies like Chevron have no reason to argue one way or the other. They are just providing information.

/ so what would you fellas do???????? #6  
It depends on how you store your fuel and what you are trying to accomplish.

If you can keep the sun off your tank by putting it in a building, under a roof, or underground your tank will stay a lot cooler. Temperature seems to be the primary problem if you use cetane enhancers.

The length of time you store your fuel is also a factor. No one can give you an exact length of time because so many other factors effect this, such as humidity, fuel age when delivered, make-up of the fuel you get, and temperature. In general it seems storing fuel more than six months means you really need a stabilizer, and you probably should avoid cetane enhancers.

Are you really looking for a cetane enhancer? Or are you more concerned about fuel stabilization? The point I've been trying to make is...not all fuel treatments are the same. They do different things. Don't use the wrong product to do a job that it wasn't made for. It may actually be working against your goal.

If you are looking for a stabilizer, take a look at PRI-D. You will also need a biocide, PRI makes one too.

Despite a number of people saying that they are going to keep using PS in their storage tanks no matter what, I haven't seen any published material that this makes sense in all cases. I have read documents saying it could be a problem. I know enough about the chemistry here to that I'm not reading BS. Companies like Chevron have no reason to argue one way or the other. They are just providing information.

/ so what would you fellas do???????? #7  
<font color="blue"> Despite a number of people saying that they are going to keep using PS in their storage tanks no matter what, I haven't seen any published material that this makes sense. </font>
In other words, people's practical experience is irrelevant?

As happens frequently in this forum (why, I don't know), newbies ask a simple question, e.g., what PS should I add to my tank. Soon, the discussion veers from the practical to the academic. Post after post gets added and at the end of the thread, the poor guy who started the thread still doesn't have an answer.

whitearrow -

1. Add a biocide to the tank.
2. Add anti-gel to the tank (if you live in a cold climate)
3. Add fuel.

Done.

/ so what would you fellas do???????? #8  
<font color="blue"> Despite a number of people saying that they are going to keep using PS in their storage tanks no matter what, I haven't seen any published material that this makes sense. </font>
In other words, people's practical experience is irrelevant?

As happens frequently in this forum (why, I don't know), newbies ask a simple question, e.g., what PS should I add to my tank. Soon, the discussion veers from the practical to the academic. Post after post gets added and at the end of the thread, the poor guy who started the thread still doesn't have an answer.

whitearrow -

1. Add a biocide to the tank.
2. Add anti-gel to the tank (if you live in a cold climate)
3. Add fuel.

Done.

/ so what would you fellas do???????? #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Despite a number of people saying that they are going to keep using PS in their storage tanks no matter what, I haven't seen any published material that this makes sense.
In other words, people's practical experience is irrelevant? )</font>

Hold on there - I never said that. I'm just trying to stick to published information from reliable sources, in an effort to avoid arguments.

I don't think my post was overly complicated.

/ so what would you fellas do???????? #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Despite a number of people saying that they are going to keep using PS in their storage tanks no matter what, I haven't seen any published material that this makes sense.
In other words, people's practical experience is irrelevant? )</font>

Hold on there - I never said that. I'm just trying to stick to published information from reliable sources, in an effort to avoid arguments.

I don't think my post was overly complicated.