Mobil 1 5W-40 Truck and SUV?

/ Mobil 1 5W-40 Truck and SUV? #1  

sparkkky

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B21
Well I have been screwed again! Went to buy some 5W-40 from Wally World and just like I had read here its now 5w-30 and marked for gas engines.

Know it is still out there under a different more expensive package and my Powerstroke takes 15qts so at $20.00 for 5qts I was in hog heaven.

Whats the Mobil 1 Syn. called for diesels?

/ Mobil 1 5W-40 Truck and SUV? #2  
Fully synthetic Mobil 1® Turbo Diesel Truck 5W-40 is engineered for hard-working diesel engines. It offers outstanding wear protection, oil consumption control and performance reserve. Whether hauling, towing heavy loads, driving off-road, or just dealing with stop-and-go driving, Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck provides outstanding protection for diesel engines.

I cant find any TBN specs on it though..

/ Mobil 1 5W-40 Truck and SUV? #3  
I've been hearing (other forums also have pretty active oil sections, too) that Wally's isn't carrying the 5-40 M1 SUV/diesel any more. I bought the last 4 jugs the local Wally's had a few months ago - haven't seen any since then. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Mobil 1 5W-40 Truck and SUV? #4  
Some of the Mobil oil has changed in name and labeling. The Mobil 1 5W-40 Truck and SUV oil was the same as Mobil Delvac 1 5W-40 heavy-duty truck oil. The new Mobil 1 5W-30 Truck and SUV is rated for spark engines and light duty diesels (SM, SL,SJ,EC,CF,CD) and is not the same as Delvac. Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck 5W-40 is the new name for Mobil 1 5W-40 Truck and SUV and appears to be the same as Delvac. We can use the new Mobil 1 5W-30 Truck and SUV oil in our compact tractors because most of these small diesels are rated CD or CF oils. The best Mobil 1 oil for diesels is Mobil 1 5W-40 Truck and SUV (old name) or Mobil 1 5W-40 Turbo Diesel Truck 5W-40 (new name) which is the same as Mobil 1 Delvac heavy-duty diesel oil.

/ Mobil 1 5W-40 Truck and SUV?
So I was wondering if Wally World will have the Turbo Diesel, they sure don't now. Ordered the Amsol 15-40 and might stay with it!

This happens to be for my Superduty.

/ Mobil 1 5W-40 Truck and SUV? #7  
I got blanked last time I went looking for it at Wally's too. Jerry echos the info found on the Bob is The Oil Guy forums and I've been watching for it, but the new jugs haven't shown up around here yet.

Dholly, your link is not working. Will the 5-40 be back at walmart?

/ Mobil 1 5W-40 Truck and SUV? #9  
sparkkky said:
So I was wondering if Wally World will have the Turbo Diesel, they sure don't now.
I was told that they would be getting it.

/ Mobil 1 5W-40 Truck and SUV? #10  
sparkkky said:
Dholly, your link is not working. Will the 5-40 be back at walmart?
Sorry sparkkky, I tried to link the forums. This link www.bobistheoilguy.com will take you to the site's front page. BTW, I was at my local Wally this past weekend, still nothing and the 'kid' had no clue as to ETA for the new 5w-40. AutoZone also carries M1 products in my area.