Diesel additive

/ Diesel additive #1  

BlacknTan

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B-7800
When my tractor was delivered, my dealer included a bottle of Power Service Fuel conditioner and Cetane booster. For the time being, I'll be mixing up 5 gallon batches for the tractor.

What is a good way to measure out the correct amount of fluid ounces of additive to 5 gallons of diesel? Is there some kind of measuring cup?

The bottle says that 32 ounces treat 100 gallons of fuel. That would be 1.6 ounces to 5 gallons.

Any suggestions?

/ Diesel additive #3  
I, too, use a kitchen type glass; in fact, a "Gemco Measuring Glass" from Wal*Mart; total capacity 4 oz., but it's clear glass with easy to read, red markings for millileters, teaspoons, tablespoons, and ounces. Of course, now that I'm back in town, I use mine for insecticides and herbicides.

/ Diesel additive #4  
   / Diesel additive
Thanks gents.

I guess I was confused as to whether fluid ounces was a measure of volume or weight.

/ Diesel additive #6  
I use a bottle that had STABIL in it that has the built in squeeze dispenser. Made sure I got all the old label off so I wouldn't get the power service and Stabil bottles confused.

/ Diesel additive #7  
I have used a plastic baby bottle for over 30 years. They are graduated in ounces and cc's. They also come with a cap. Cheap and available at any drug store.

/ Diesel additive #8  
BlacknTan said:
When my tractor was delivered, my dealer included a bottle of Power Service Fuel conditioner and Cetane booster. For the time being, I'll be mixing up 5 gallon batches for the tractor.

What is a good way to measure out the correct amount of fluid ounces of additive to 5 gallons of diesel? Is there some kind of measuring cup?

The bottle says that 32 ounces treat 100 gallons of fuel. That would be 1.6 ounces to 5 gallons.

Any suggestions?
I use a baby bottle: I dd a thread or post on how to use it some time ago.
Do a search on me and you should be able to find it.

/ Diesel additive #9  
I used to be very careful when I measued out the Power Service to add to my diesel fuel. Now I just dump one slosh of Power Service to 5 gallons of diesel. A slosh = 2 ounces. The Power Service bottles have a scale on side to help measure the size of slosh.

/ Diesel additive #10  
LBrown59 said:
I use a baby bottle: I dd a thread or post on how to use it some time ago.
Do a search on me and you should be able to find it.
Cintinued
I did the search
Here it is ~~~~~ HERE IS THE EASIEST WAY TO DO IT:
Pour 9 ounces of power service into a baby bottle and mark the 3 6 and 9 ounce measurements. After you do this you can throw away the funnels and measuring cups because you won't be needing them anymore.
You can also forget about having to clean them up every time you add PS.