oil
tires

other?

/ Disposing of your old.... #2  
batteries go to auto part store
oil goes to quick lube store- they get paid for waste oil
tires- good luck!

/ Disposing of your old.... #3  
I usualy leave my old batteries at the store when I buy new ones. I have taken them to the recycler (scrap yard) before.

I return my used oil to the place I bought new from. Most places that sell oil takes the used stuff back.

My trash dump takes used tires but charge $1.00 extra for each tire. When I buy a new tire I have to pay $1.00 disposal fee so I let the tire store dispose of the old tires since they charge for it regardless.

/ Disposing of your old.... #4  
Tires kept by tire shop.
Batteries left for core credit at store.
Oil from vehicles at quick-lube, and kind of politically incorrect with tractor, lawnmower, etc..Don't have a lot of ant beds though.

/ Disposing of your old.... #5  
Batteries go to whomever I buy a new battery from.

Tires, likewise, but they charge a fee now to dispose of the old tire.

I take my used and hydraulic and gear oil to an auto supply store and pour the contents into their tanks in the back myself.

You didn't ask about anti freeze. Have to take it to the dump around here if you do it yourself.

Ralph

/ Disposing of your old.... #6  
I don't remember the last set of tires I nought, my last truck was traded in at 32xxx miles and my new one is only a year old. But old tires are good for something, if you ever have to build a retaining wall (I saw this on a tv show) lay your base course with rear tires off a tractor or big truck, stack your tires up and fill with dirt on each course, after a few courses drive or set a railroad tie in the dirt inside the tires or drive rebar down through the sidewalls making sure to hit each tire. Think about how long a tire will last underground or even partially shown? And you know water ain't gonna hurt them things!

Oil.. I have a 55 galln barrel in my shop I use to put shovels, axes, etc in. The waste oil goes in there. If I need oil for a brush fire (or to kill grass) this is where I go. Dumping oil on the groun is bad, but isn't that where it came from????

Antifreeze, well lets just say there aren't no pesky neighbors kitties running around! Actually I take it to the once a year hazardous fluid round up that our county health department has.

Batteries.. either take them to the recycling place or take it back to get the core charge.

/ Disposing of your old.... #7  
Batteries and oil go to the local recycle center at the landfill. The recycle center only takes 5 gallons a week. So when I change engine and tranny takes about 3 weeks to get it all dropped off. Tires go when I get new ones put on.

/ Disposing of your old.... #8  
Oil is taken to hazardous waste center run by the County.
Bob

/ Disposing of your old.... #9  
well batteries i turn in for the core charge when i buy a new one, or i take them to the scrap yard altho that doesnt pay as well as it used to since i guess the price of lead has went down. used oil goes in the waste oil tank at work they have a place that comes and pumps it out for free. tires usualy go to a local tire recycler, he is about the cheapest around but its still about 2 or 3 bucks a car or light truck tire. more for truck tires, and the four tires off my road grader were like 35 bucks a piece i think it was, not cheap but better than letting them pile up like had been done for years here and we had to haul them all out a few months back.

/ Disposing of your old.... #10  
I leave used tires at the place I bought new ones at.
Same goes for batteries. AutoZone does take used batteries though.
Old oils go to either AutoZone or Advanced Auto.
Antifreeze goes to Rapid Lube. I think anyplace that does coolant work will except reasonable amounts of used coolant.