Evans Waterless Coolant

/ Evans Waterless Coolant #1  

rutwad

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 5465, Kubota M5040, Farmall H (2), Minneapolis Moline R, Case 530CK, Cat 416C
I read some interesting info on this and was wondering if anyone has ever tried it.

/ Evans Waterless Coolant #2  
Some of the local truckers have recently switched to it. Not been long enough for feed-back yet. If it is as good as claimed,we'll wait and see.

/ Evans Waterless Coolant #3  
I don't have any extended expierence with it yet either. I'm keeping the fingers crossed that it is as good as they say it is. It should greatly cut down on cooling system problems that can be traced to water. Rust and corrosion are the leading cause of most cooling system failures and if there's no water to promote it these problems should happen less often. Only time will tell though.

/ Evans Waterless Coolant #6  
For $47.95 per gallon, I think I'll take my chances with the current stuff I installed when I did a system flush in my 7.3 PSD this spring.

/ Evans Waterless Coolant #7  
Researched this a few years ago and decided it was a 'Solution' in search for a 'Problem' for the typical engine owner. If I had an application that needed to run without a radiator cap (zero PSI) then Evans would be of interest. It is cool to read about and understand how it works.

/ Evans Waterless Coolant #8  
Well, as a commercial trucker, I have run into a few that have tried this stuff. Most are not happy campers. The stuff has a tendency to thicken and there has been a couple that have run into engine head issues. I was considering it at one time, but am not going to even give it a shot. I will stick with the brand name red ELC coolant. It has an excellent track record, is endorsed by the defacto trucking maintenance authority in the nation, the Technology Maintenance Council. It is by far just about the best stuff for keeping water pumps lubed and preventing cavitation on cylinder liners. For road use, it is good for 600,000 miles with only a bottle of extender added at 300,000 miles. No SCA's and other junk like previous coolants, as ELC does not use SCA's. It is virtually maintenance free except verifying freeze point. Available were ever trucking lube products are sold. All of my equipment, and my new semi truck, come factory filled with ELC per my specification. What equipment didn't, it got changed to ELC right out of the gate. Only a little higher in price than traditional coolant in a 50/50 premix.