Tractor
    Kubota M5040

Default Evans Waterless Coolant

I read some interesting info on this and was wondering if anyone has ever tried it.

Veteran Member

Default Re: Evans Waterless Coolant

Some of the local truckers have recently switched to it. Not been long enough for feed-back yet. If it is as good as claimed,we'll wait and see.

Tractor
    JD 3020, JD 4230, JD 7410, JD 2440, MF 750, NH LS170

I don't have any extended expierence with it yet either. I'm keeping the fingers crossed that it is as good as they say it is. It should greatly cut down on cooling system problems that can be traced to water. Rust and corrosion are the leading cause of most cooling system failures and if there's no water to promote it these problems should happen less often. Only time will tell though.

Tractor
    New holland TC(33)

for everyone else wondering what this stuff is...

Evans Waterless Coolants
    Steve - TC33D 4x4 FEL, dual rear remotes with toys

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Quote Originally Posted by schmism View Post
    for everyone else wondering what this stuff is...

Evans Waterless Coolants
    Thanks for posting. I was about to do a Search until I saw your link.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Tractor
    Bobcat S185 skid steer - Ferris IS500Z - JD GT235

For $47.95 per gallon, I think I'll take my chances with the current stuff I installed when I did a system flush in my 7.3 PSD this spring.
    Todd

Also - E Terra E 60 SSQA backhoe • Erskine 73" blower •TSC QA boom pole • Bradco 48" forks • JLG T350 Boom Lift • 2001 Ford F450 w/Telsta A28D aerial lift • CAM Superline 6x12 dump • (2) Kristi 7x18 enclosed • 2014 Ford F250 Super Cab gasser • 2007 Mustang GT • 2007 Crown Vic P71 Police Interceptor

Elite Member
    Tractor
    265 MF / JD 310B Backhoe

Researched this a few years ago and decided it was a 'Solution' in search for a 'Problem' for the typical engine owner. If I had an application that needed to run without a radiator cap (zero PSI) then Evans would be of interest. It is cool to read about and understand how it works.

Well, as a commercial trucker, I have run into a few that have tried this stuff. Most are not happy campers. The stuff has a tendency to thicken and there has been a couple that have run into engine head issues. I was considering it at one time, but am not going to even give it a shot. I will stick with the brand name red ELC coolant. It has an excellent track record, is endorsed by the defacto trucking maintenance authority in the nation, the Technology Maintenance Council. It is by far just about the best stuff for keeping water pumps lubed and preventing cavitation on cylinder liners. For road use, it is good for 600,000 miles with only a bottle of extender added at 300,000 miles. No SCA's and other junk like previous coolants, as ELC does not use SCA's. It is virtually maintenance free except verifying freeze point. Available were ever trucking lube products are sold. All of my equipment, and my new semi truck, come factory filled with ELC per my specification. What equipment didn't, it got changed to ELC right out of the gate. Only a little higher in price than traditional coolant in a 50/50 premix.