How to Use Home Heating Oil in Tractor ?

/ How to Use Home Heating Oil in Tractor ? #21  
What's the story on actually running a diesel on number 2 heating oil? I was talking to an farmer around me who said don't make a habit of it because it will clog jets.

Opinions?

/ How to Use Home Heating Oil in Tractor ? #22  
Rob-D said:
What's the story on actually running a diesel on number 2 heating oil? I was talking to an farmer around me who said don't make a habit of it because it will clog jets.

Opinions?
The same as running it on number 2 diesel.

/ How to Use Home Heating Oil in Tractor ? #23  
Charlesaf3 said:
-----------------1*I talked to my heating oil distributor today, and they confirmed that what I'm burning for heat is standard diesel.
2*Per my dealer this is fine to put in my tractor.
>>>> >>>>1*Mine said the same thing.
2*If it's not neither is diesel.

/ How to Use Home Heating Oil in Tractor ? #24  
Rob-D said:
1*What's the story on actually running a diesel on number 2 heating oil?
2*I was talking to an farmer around me who said don't make a habit of it because it will clog jets.

Opinions?
1*Charlesaf3 & I talked to our heating oil distributors, they both confirmed that what we're burning for heat is standard diesel.>>>> >>>>
2*This being the case how could the farmers statement be correct?
How can calling diesel fuel heating oil clog jets?

>>>>

/ How to Use Home Heating Oil in Tractor ? #25  
In some areas of the country, HHO and LSD diesel are the same product. In other areas of the country they are not. It is always best to ask your distributor exactly what he is selling. Here in the northeast (Boston area) the two fuels are normally different blends, however, HHO can be substituted for LSD diesel usually with no problems at all. I personally would not hesitate to use HHO if I could not get any off-road diesel. BTW, my distributor no longer sells LSD diesel, it's all ULSD for both on- and off-road.

/ How to Use Home Heating Oil in Tractor ? #26  
Fine with me. Who has run it for extended periods, like years? Have you?

/ How to Use Home Heating Oil in Tractor ? #27  
LBrown,
Please don't take this as an attack but are you learning HTML or something? Your posts look like Oxy-clean commercials.

/ How to Use Home Heating Oil in Tractor ? #29  
LBrown59 said:
*Why would there be any need to compare long term when both are the same?

Read Mad's last post.

/ How to Use Home Heating Oil in Tractor ? #30  
Rob-D said:
Read Mad's last post.
Mad was comparing HHO (home heating oil) to LSD (Low Sulfur Diesel). Yes, they are "blended" slightly different but both are classified as #2 grade fuel.

Bottom line = same, same for all practical purposes.
Just don't get caught using it in your on-road (truck) vehicles because road taxes were not added to the selling price.