Tractor
    Kioti LB1914

Default Multi purpose Grease

I've used Quaker State multi purpose grease for my utility trailers and been told not to mix grease's, anyone know who sells it, I've been buying it at Kmart, but they no longer carry it. Whats the word on Lithium grease is it better for trailer bearings?

Elite Member
    Tractor
    2003 NH TN70A

Default Re: Multi purpose Grease

Quote Originally Posted by casey lb1914
    I've used Quaker State multi purpose grease for my utility trailers and been told not to mix grease's,
    If you switch to a new grease, wouldn't you just lubricate it until all the different brand grease came out? I think this is reasonable. My used tractor, bush hog, PTO, etc. did not came with a supply of the original grease used on the zerks. Therefore I had to use a different type of grease on all the zerks. It happens all the time.
    Bob

Tractor
    JD 3020, JD 4230, JD 7410, JD 2440, MF 750, NH LS170

Best practice is to keep with the same complex grease. If you used a Lithium grease in the past use a lighium grease now. This will prevent compatibility problems that can happen when you mix different grease types like lithium with polyurea.

Lithium based grease is a very reliable grease type that usually has a good high temperature operating range. Just find another lithium based grease and you should be fine.

Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

Most is lithium but the label will say. The warning is to not switch greases of different bases. I would not worry about this at all unless you are lubing bearings.

I have known contractors who run two shifts and require their operators to grease at the beginning of their shift. Each operator uses a different color of grease. The one guy uses red lithium EP and the other guy the dark grey lithium so that you can always tell if the previous guy didn't grease.
    Kioti CK30HST, FEL w/toothbar, 60" RC, 60" BB, PJ 10k trailer. Weekend warrior hauling 50 miles each way.

I use a lucas red and tacky or the green boat waterproof grease in my trailer hubs