School Bus fire caused by ULSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / School Bus fire caused by ULSD #1  

DieselPower

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 3020, JD 4230, JD 7410, JD 2440, MF 750, NH LS170
Ran across this interesting clip about a Atlanta GA school bus that caught fire because of fuel leaks caused by ULSD fuel.

Bus Fuel Investigation

/ School Bus fire caused by ULSD #2  
A great job by our government once again!

/ School Bus fire caused by ULSD #3  
I'd rather pay to have a few O rings changed than keep polluting air unnecessarily. Which would you prefer, to pay for the O ring change or to take your kid to the hospital with asthma? That is a bit over dramatic but that is still the basic trade off. I think ULSD is a good thing.

/ School Bus fire caused by ULSD #4  
IslandTractor said:
I'd rather pay to have a few O rings changed than keep polluting air unnecessarily. Which would you prefer, to pay for the O ring change or to take your kid to the hospital with asthma? That is a bit over dramatic but that is still the basic trade off. I think ULSD is a good thing.

No matter WHAT we do, the earth will continue to become more and more polluted. Why? PEOPLE! Have you ever seen a chart of world population? It's pretty flat for a million years and then in the late 1800's/early 1900's it starts an exponential climb which isn't going to end until something MAJOR happens. Everything is expanding exponentially and it ALL requires polluting to make or use. All these programs are, are bandaids, the wound is still there. All we're doing is slowing the increase of pollution.

Sorry for the rant...but too many people is the REAL problem. The sad thing is the government REQUIRES a growing population to finance their pyramid scheme "programs".

Tell me, why CAN'T they make a ULSD fuel that doesn't destroy the O rings?

/ School Bus fire caused by ULSD #5  
IslandTractor said:

That's why freon for your a/c system is costing so much & there is another price increase on the way as plants that produce freon 22 close down.. The government says the sky is falling:eek: .They did away with freon 12 saying it was bad for o zone, health concerns ,yada yada, yada, so, they came up with 134a . Now they say that 134a causes green house effect. Go figure !:rolleyes: It's all a money game with these big companies that produce this stuff.

/ School Bus fire caused by ULSD #6  
IslandTractor said:

Exactly, just like taking the lead and sulfur out of gasoline was.

Remember, Sulfur stinks.

/ School Bus fire caused by ULSD #7  
IslandTractor said:
A BIT overdramitic? Ya think?....lol

/ School Bus fire caused by ULSD #8  
There is air pollution everywhere people cram in like RATS ! If they have a smog problem in LA county...FINE...let THEM run smog free cars and fuel and etc..etc. Same way in "Bean Town"...Let THEM use mass transit..etc..etc.

When was the last reported "smog cloud" in the middle of South Dakota?? Why should those people ( or the rest of us all) be punished.

/ School Bus fire caused by ULSD #9  
Sully2 said:
A BIT overdramitic? Ya think?....lol

Well, yes but....in fact vehicular air pollution does send kids to the hospital every day. It may not be easy to point a finger at individual cases but the epidemiological studies are quite clear that air pollution directly exacerbates asthma and other chronic lung conditions. As Skypup mentioned, it is exactly analgous to the leaded gas and kids with elevated lead levels story. There is simply no question that lead and sulfur are bad for your health even in small quantities.

/ School Bus fire caused by ULSD #10  
Sully2 said:
When was the last reported "smog cloud" in the middle of South Dakota?? Why should those people ( or the rest of us all) be punished.

Does South Dalkota suffer from inversions?

Status
Not open for further replies.