where can I find a right angle grease hose?

/ where can I find a right angle grease hose? #1  

anthonyk

Gold Member
Tractor
Century 3647
I've got a couple of grease nipples on my bigger tractor that are impossible to reach because they're so close to the frame.
I need something like a right angle, very short grease gun hose.
Checked Northern Tools, TSC, Harbor Freight, etc., can't find one:(

Anybody got any suggestions?

thanks,

anthony

/ where can I find a right angle grease hose? #2  
You need a right angle grease coupler. I think all of the companies you mentioned above sell them. I'll run out to the garage and grab a couple of mine and take a picture of them so you know what they look like.

/ where can I find a right angle grease hose? #3  
Here's what you need. I included some other specialty tips in the pic as well. There are two right angle 90 degree fitting's. The large one works great and has served me well for almost 15 years. The smaller black one I discovered about 5 years ago and is great. You only need between 1/8 and 1/4 inch of clearance to slide this one onto the grease fitting. The nice thing is that it is very easy to remove. Often times the straight push on one is difficult to remove, the slide on one just slides back off.

The two other ones are nice to have around to. The rubber one is a nice tip for squirting grease on thing's like a 5th wheel and the solid steel tip one is for use with flush fit grease fitting's.

P3090007.jpg

P3090008.jpg

/ where can I find a right angle grease hose? #4  
I bought one similar to the bottom one pictured at TSC last year. 'cept it didn't have the zerk in it. I put it on a hose. How does it work like that? Seems to me it might be hard to use, but it eliminates the need for a 2nd grease gun.

/ where can I find a right angle grease hose? #5  
If you look at the two adaptors that have covers on the other end, those are fitting locks. The two with regular grease fitting's go into a lock like this which prevents them from being pulled out. The two older ones are Stewart Warner, Alemite division locks. I think you can still but them.

/ where can I find a right angle grease hose?
hey diesel power, thanks for taking the time to go out and take those shots:)
I never knew there were attachments like that.
Where'd you get yours?

thanks again ya'll,

anthony

/ where can I find a right angle grease hose? #7  
Those 2 RA adapters pictured above can be bought at NAPA stores as well.

I have both of them and they are usefull for greasing driveline components on my batwing mower.

Soundguy

/ where can I find a right angle grease hose? #8  
The two older ones came from a Alemite dealer and the others as Soundguy mentioned can be purchased at NAPA and other auto parts stores.