NAPA hydraulic/transmission fluid

/ NAPA hydraulic/transmission fluid #1  

j845125

Does anyone know who makes this stuff for NAPA? Has anyone used it in there tractor? All the bucket says is made for Balkamp.

/ NAPA hydraulic/transmission fluid #2  
j845125 said:
Does anyone know who makes this stuff for NAPA? Has anyone used it in there tractor? All the bucket says is made for Balkamp.

I've used it for more than 35 years. At one point, I used to buy it in 55 gal drums. Never had the first sign of problems. I've used it in Massey's, Deere's, and Fords. I was told several years ago NAPA will contract with any one of several oil companies to supply their oil. So long as it meets or exceeds standards, it's good stuff. Last time I asked, I was told their hydro oil was refined by the same people who market Castrol motor oil.

/ NAPA hydraulic/transmission fluid #3  
It isn't who makes it as much as who set the standards for it! There are many companies that blend the oil for retailers to put their label on. We have a NAPA right next door and they refer me to their other blends for my cars for quality.

Here in NY for hydraulic fluid we do recommend the Hytran oils from Case because of the amount of water they can absorb. We have varied temps thru out the year which gives us a lot of condensation in gear cases and that oil can absorb more then the other oils we tested against. This saves pump starvation when things are frozen.

/ NAPA hydraulic/transmission fluid #4  
NAPA used to get all their lubricants from Ashland/valvoline