oil/hydro filters

/ oil/hydro filters #1  

loopyl

Its time to do my 50 hr service however I cannot figure out what filters I need. The manual just says a kubota filter but I went to TSC. They were not very helpful. They only sell Fram and the book does not list my L4400. Does anyone know how I find out.

/ oil/hydro filters #2  
go to your dealer, they'll have them.

-shiggy

/ oil/hydro filters
Thats the problem, the dealer is a long way from here. Furthermore I refuse to pay the premium price they charge.

/ oil/hydro filters #4  
loopyl said:
Thats the problem, the dealer is a long way from here. Furthermore I refuse to pay the premium price they charge.

I think that you would only save a couple of dollers by not buying from the dealer. I feel it is not worth it to buy after market filters and oils when the machine is so new. It could start a finger pointing game if something happens to fail. I want no excuses when it comes to repairing the machine under warranty. Just my Oppinion Dan

/ oil/hydro filters #5  
Buying a hydraulic filter is different than buying an engine oil filter. If the hydraulic filter has to small of micron rating, the pump can captivate. If it does that to long, it can be very costly.

/ oil/hydro filters #6  
JerryG said:
Buying a hydraulic filter is different than buying an engine oil filter. If the hydraulic filter has to small of micron rating, the pump can captivate. If it does that to long, it can be very costly.

:D Pumps cavitate, Jessica Simpson captivates:D

Sorry, couldn't resist.

/ oil/hydro filters #7  
Don't scrimp on the 50 hour mantinence. I feel it is the most important one to get all the shavings and junk out of the newly broken in tractor. You're probably looking at 40 bucks or so for Kubota filters and with buying them comes a piece of Mind. Just my opinion... You shouldn't worry about a few extra dollars to protect the long term investment... Good luck on your decision.

/ oil/hydro filters #9  
Go to Carverequipment.com and get your filters UPS'd to your doorstep at competitive prices and know they are right. Save the frustration of looking and not finding the right stuff.

/ oil/hydro filters #10  
I just bought filters(fuel, oil, hyd, air) for my NH from the dealer which is a 2 hour ride for me then came here and posted the same question after I paid the prices. The results of a cross reference for these filters would not save much money if any at all. I wanted NH filters and fluids for the first change then figured the next one I would use aftermarket, now I'll just make a trip back one day and but another set or two of NH filters to have on hand.