Problems with my new JD 3320 tractor

/ Problems with my new JD 3320 tractor #1  

pebald1

Tractor
JD 3320 Cab Tractor
I'll try to keep this brief. I have a tendancy to ramble, especially when I'm upset.

I was on a while back asking about apples and oranges (JD vs Kubota). In the end, I ended up buying a JD 3320 cab tractor with 300 CX loader and a 6' rear mowing deck.

I want to note that my dealer has a good reputation for sales and services and I like the folks.

I got my tractor < 4 weeks ago. Within the first day or two, I noticed a small leak under the rear, and the left turn signal did not work, which I told my dealer about immediately. I later was mowing on a nice 65 degree spring day and about roasted myself out of the tractor cause the air conditioning in the cab was not working. I also made my dealer aware of this. He has asked for a day or two to get out there and pick it up, but said to go ahead and use the tractor. Well, my father came to mow for me and then told me it was leaking out the rear bad. I called my dealer and they were literally to my house in under 15 mins to get the tractor (on a Monday).

Problem with AC was a loose coupling and it had lost refridgerant. They got that fixed for me, but were slow in getting O rings for the rear end. When I called and explained I had a rototiller rented for the weekend to get my garden in, I asked for my tractor to be fixed or for one to use. By Thursday, I had my tractor back in my garage with everything fixed. Great! or so I thought.

Saturday morning comes and I go get tiller. I then go into garage to get tractor and see it's leaking again. I decide to pull it out and hook to tiller in hopes its not leaking bad. Well, it's bad enough and I call dealer. He doesn't have any used tractors in stock for me to use and he can't get ahold of owner. So, he sends a guy out with some fluid so that I can finish rototilling my garden and promising me that JD will make this right.

Well, my idea of right at this point is a new replacement tractor, and minimally to have a tractor to use while mine is fixed and/or replaced.

My dealer went to the regional manager who asked if I was a commerical customer and when the answer was no, said that they didn't really owe me anything. Well, I have close to $30K in their equipment and I haven't had this for 3 weeks and they don't owe me anything?!?!

I understand it's warrantied and it's covered, but do they have any idea how much of an inconvience this is? I have 14 acres of land that I take care of along with about 15 apple trees and other stuff (trying not to ramble).

If this was a new car and it went back to dealer with this many problems, wouldn't I be dealing with the lemon law at that point.

I'm thinking I need to move up the chain with my complaints. I would be interested in getting feedback from the people here.

What are your thoughts?

/ Problems with my new JD 3320 tractor #2  
This seems to be a growing trend with John Deere tractors in the past few years. I have 3 friends that have purchased new 5205,5103,5203 tractors all less than 6 months old and have had too many little troublesome problems. Hydraulic leaks in lift cylinders,parts falling off shifters,axle housing breaking=5205,seats coming apart. All picked up and repaired free of charge with no hassles and back in less than 5 days. John Deere makes good tractors but they need to pay a little more attention to quality control. My 5210 has never had any problems, but it was made in 1998. You should not be treated any different than the commercial customers! Go higher and don't give up till you are satisfied.

/ Problems with my new JD 3320 tractor #3  
Well, this may help you. Go on the JD site, there's a contact us section up there. It then goes to FAQ's look over that, then send an email to them. In two days you should have a response. Then they will leave a number for you to call. I would call it. I was having an issue with my dealer yesing me to death and then no follow through. I called the number,talked to a rep. She put me on hold and then got the dealer on the phone. Set up the three way call. And made sure the dealer was going to do as I aksed. And that got the dealers attention quickly. Try that and see how you make out. Best of luck!

Matt T.:D

/ Problems with my new JD 3320 tractor
Here's another thing that gets me with this: They have to remove the cab to get at the pump to find the problem. Now, I don't know about you, but would you want someone removing your NEW car exterior from the frame to get to the tranny??? What would your "piece of mind" be after this whenever something "odd" happens with the tractor.

I really don't think my dealer is tring to roll me over. I do worry about the regional manage, but of course, I haven't spoken with him directly.

I haven't even made my first payment yet. I'm guessing Kubota would still be happy to hear from me.

My whole thing is that you shouldn't have to deal with this with a brand new item, whatever it may be. I just want it made right. Thanks for letting me vent!

/ Problems with my new JD 3320 tractor
fyi... I've posted a complaint through the JD website for equipment issues and another to the credit branch. I'll let you know how I make out.

/ Problems with my new JD 3320 tractor #6  
Like any other consumer problem, document everything! Everytime you call, save E-mails, all details. Take multiple photos. This way you can have your guns loaded when they start to double talk you.

Get 'em!!

/ Problems with my new JD 3320 tractor #7  
pebald1 said:
Here's another thing that gets me with this: They have to remove the cab to get at the pump to find the problem. Now, I don't know about you, but would you want someone removing your NEW car exterior from the frame to get to the tranny??? What would your "piece of mind" be after this whenever something "odd" happens with the tractor.

I really don't think my dealer is tring to roll me over. I do worry about the regional manage, but of course, I haven't spoken with him directly.

I haven't even made my first payment yet. I'm guessing Kubota would still be happy to hear from me.

My whole thing is that you shouldn't have to deal with this with a brand new item, whatever it may be. I just want it made right. Thanks for letting me vent!

R&R the cab may be standard procedure. Engine service on pickup trucks often requires R&R the entire cab because the engine bay is so stuffed that it's the only way to get to certain parts on the motor. If the dealer knows how to do it, there should be no problem. The only thing for you for "piece (sic) of mind" would be to purchase a Kubota immediately.

/ Problems with my new JD 3320 tractor #8  
id press for a loaner/demo tractor... new or used didnt matter

but that way your putting hrs on HIS equipment he is motivated to get yours fixed correctly and back to you so your not running the hrs up on his equp.

/ Problems with my new JD 3320 tractor #9  
If all of the problems are just seals & no damage has happened due to low fluids then you may wish to consider that a replacement tractor migh have worse problems. So far the only multiple posting I've seen on the 3320 for leaks has been the the front axle seals, especailly if run under water.

So far my 3320 cab model has worked well with no leaks & only hoses needing to be dressed away from moving parts. It was delivered just before snow season so its first 30 hours were running at max throttle for the blower which is not the way I would have liked to break it in.

/ Problems with my new JD 3320 tractor #10  
DrainPond Design: as far as the break-in with my MF1540 my understanding is they want you to run it at full throttle because I gather its worse for the engine to bog down and struggle under a heavy load.......what does the JD manual say?