Pressure washer with a gravity feed???

/ Pressure washer with a gravity feed??? #1  

mx125

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2320
This is not a tractor question, but I do want to wash my new compact and don't have water source at my property.

I wonder if any of you have used a gas powered pressure washer with a simple tank of gravity fed water? I know the specs say it needs a min flow rate of (?) but . . . I was hoping I might get away with the simple method.

It won't be the best thing for the pump but any thoughts? Thanks.

/ Pressure washer with a gravity feed??? #2  
Don't know about a gas one but my electric one will work just fine hooked to gravity feed from the windmill.

/ Pressure washer with a gravity feed???
Jimbrown said:
Don't know about a gas one but my electric one will work just fine hooked to gravity feed from the windmill.

That's encouraging. So would you say you flow is roughly equal to the flow I'd get from a tank in the back of my pick-up? . . .or do windwills generate some reasonable pump flow?

/ Pressure washer with a gravity feed??? #4  
I've seen gas pressure washers used with 55 gal barrel rigged up in the back of a pickup. Freinds use to bring theirs to ATV races to clean the quads before loading them back in the trailer.

Jaybr said:
I've seen gas pressure washers used with 55 gal barrel rigged up in the back of a pickup. Freinds use to bring theirs to ATV races to clean the quads before loading them back in the trailer.

Perfect. That's encouragement enough for me to try it out. Thanks.

/ Pressure washer with a gravity feed??? #6  
mx125 said:
Perfect. That's encouragement enough for me to try it out. Thanks.

I'd suggest you rig it so you have a vent for good flow, you know kind of like shotgunning a beer:)

Jaybr said:
I'd suggest you rig it so you have a vent for good flow, you know kind of like shotgunning a beer:)

:D :D I know what you mean exactly. Thanks!

/ Pressure washer with a gravity feed??? #8  
I had the water turned off when using the PW and the hose was sucked down flat. It'll be ok.

jb