Backhoe Power Beyond for Backhoe

/ Power Beyond for Backhoe #21  
jgbanshee said:
Well I got the Cross valve with PB installed completely today. New pump runs fine, valve works fine BUT the Ford joystick will not work properly with the new valve. The float postion is on the first spool in the block. I has special INLET/OUTLET ports ported on top so that I could mount it upside-down so the float spool will be second for the joystick linkage to work. Well, the original float (Husco) worked when the spool was pulled. The new cross float works when the spool is pushed.

Yeah, everybody EXCEPT Ford mounts the control with the hoses attaching from the top. One of Ford's "Better Ideas"? Harumph!

jb

/ Power Beyond for Backhoe
When I take the backhoe off my tractor, can I just connect the two hoses (IN, from power beyond, and Return to tank from BH) and everything will be fine?

/ Power Beyond for Backhoe #23  
jgbanshee said:
When I take the backhoe off my tractor, can I just connect the two hoses (IN, from power beyond, and Return to tank from BH) and everything will be fine?

The answer is yes.

Disconnect one hose from the tractor and the other one from the hoe. Then loop the hoses to make a closed system for each. That way, no oil gets out and no dirt gets in.

Some folks will spend the extra $$ and put QD's on the hoses to make that faster and neater. It is very messy without the quick disconnects (that's what I have).

jb

/ Power Beyond for Backhoe
I talked with two different Ford dealers yesterday about the working pressure of my Ford loader on my 345C and neither one could give me an answer from a book. They both looked and could not find anything. They both did say that around 2500 PSI should be fine. I am ready to make the pressure change to my relief on the loader. I got my 5000psi gauge ready, the pump is rated for 3500 psi operation, the valve is rated for 3000 psi operation, and the backhoe has a main relief valve NOW of 2550 PSI.

I plan on taking a bucket dump hose off the loader valve and screwing in my gauge. Then make 1/4" CW turns to the relief valve. Then bottom out that bucket dump to read the pressure. Is that correct or should I put the gauge at the end of a hose rather directly into the loader valve?

/ Power Beyond for Backhoe #25  
jgbanshee said:
I talked with two different Ford dealers yesterday about the working pressure of my Ford loader on my 345C and neither one could give me an answer from a book. They both looked and could not find anything. They both did say that around 2500 PSI should be fine. I am ready to make the pressure change to my relief on the loader. I got my 5000psi gauge ready, the pump is rated for 3500 psi operation, the valve is rated for 3000 psi operation, and the backhoe has a main relief valve NOW of 2550 PSI.

I plan on taking a bucket dump hose off the loader valve and screwing in my gauge. Then make 1/4" CW turns to the relief valve. Then bottom out that bucket dump to read the pressure. Is that correct or should I put the gauge at the end of a hose rather directly into the loader valve?

Sounds like you have it correct. You can put the gauge in either location. Just so you can see it clearly. Personally, I would put it closer so you can see it easier.

jb