ahhhhhhhhhhh darn, lost the wheel to my new rotary cutter

/ ahhhhhhhhhhh darn, lost the wheel to my new rotary cutter #1  

LoneCowboy

Veteran Member
bought a 6' rhino rotary cutter a few months ago
wife said it was turning hard yesterday, went out and took all the mud off of it last night and greased it, still on the tractor, on the trailer.
she goes off to do a $130 job.
She calls me up and says "there's no rear wheel"

what? :confused: It was there last night.

obviously it fell off somewhere between there and my shop. Probably that top cotter pin broke, because the whole assembly is gone.

Nothing like losing a $122 part for a $130 job

which I now have to drive to twice. :(

Crap:mad:

/ ahhhhhhhhhhh darn, lost the wheel to my new rotary cutter #2  
heee...heeee...heeee....oops,.... I mean DANG - I hate when that happens.

Man, I'm glad to hear about other people who get to spend additional money on things over which they have NO control....I was pretty much sure I was the only person replacing things on a regular basis that:

"got lost," "it broke ...I don't know how it happened," "It worked the last time I used it....really!" "I don't know what happened, I just turned it off and now it won't start," etc.......

In one day I spent $165 on the garage door "I don't know, how that bottom panel got bent...." "What scrape on the top of the car?" and, "I can't set the burglar alarm...." (another $135).....

Been there - own multiple t-shirts...

/ ahhhhhhhhhhh darn, lost the wheel to my new rotary cutter #3  
I bet your tailwheel is lying right next to the two gallons ($75 each) of "Bulletproof Ultra Seal" that fell off my flatbed on Saturday because I got lazy and didn't put the tailgate up.

But I noticed that your "wife" is doing the mowing. Any man with a wife like that shouldn't complain about a trivial mower part.

PS: Your web site is impressive. If you are making a living at it then you have the dream deal!

/ ahhhhhhhhhhh darn, lost the wheel to my new rotary cutter #4  
LoneCowboy said:
... Probably that top cotter pin broke, because the whole assembly is gone. ...

Just wondering if you mean "cotter pin" or "roll pin". If the dealer installed only a cotter pin, I'd be leaning on him for a new free tailwheel. If the Rhino is like my BushHog brand, no way a cotterpin would last any time at all.

/ ahhhhhhhhhhh darn, lost the wheel to my new rotary cutter #5  
If you had been using the TN and the 8 footer this would not have happened :) :D :)

Hey - What can you do... but chalk it up to the cost of doing business, raise you rates on your future jobs and move on -

/ ahhhhhhhhhhh darn, lost the wheel to my new rotary cutter
1bush2hog said:
If you had been using the TN and the 8 footer this would not have happened :) :D :)

Hey - What can you do... but chalk it up to the cost of doing business, raise you rates on your future jobs and move on -

we're pretty spendy already, some people are doing jobs at way below replacement cost. Can't figure that out. (although i'm sure the others aren't carrying insurance)
small job, about 2 acres, all split up and on a funky slope. No, it's a small mower job. really, the 5 footer might be better, but hey, the 6 footer was on, I'm not changing it if I don't have to.

TN gets a nice 6 acre workout this afternoon.

/ ahhhhhhhhhhh darn, lost the wheel to my new rotary cutter
HomeBrew2 said:
Just wondering if you mean "cotter pin" or "roll pin". If the dealer installed only a cotter pin, I'd be leaning on him for a new free tailwheel. If the Rhino is like my BushHog brand, no way a cotterpin would last any time at all.

i dunno
it's some kind of pin
it's gone now. ;)

Not really sure, could have been a roll pin. Does seem odd, the 5 footer is 4 years old and it's never even thought about making a break for freedom.:p

/ ahhhhhhhhhhh darn, lost the wheel to my new rotary cutter #8  
Any chance yuo could drive over to that job slowly and scan the side of the road.. you might just find a neat tailwheel that would fit your tractor..

Soundguy

/ ahhhhhhhhhhh darn, lost the wheel to my new rotary cutter #9  
I would already be doing what Soundguy is suggesting, before somebody else spots it.
David from jax

/ ahhhhhhhhhhh darn, lost the wheel to my new rotary cutter #10  
If he woulda lived inmy city.. i think I'd have saved him the trip.. (grin).

I just found a nice snatch/tie down strap with hook while driving from a farm store. it was at an intersection that i stopped at when lamp was red.. I almost didn't go get it.. but there was no traffic.. and it was calling to me.. looks more or less brand new...

To whoever left it there for me.. 'Thanks!' I had one that I was needing to replace as it was getting frayed..

Soundguy