BUGS

/ BUGS #21  
John47 said:
Thats exactly the point, $300 a day plus other costs! I presume you were caught early??

I treated myself as I have no insurance and I mistrust the medical profession too, plus I didn't want drugs of any sort. But most of all I have had it too long for antibiotics to do anything now. When I thought back, I'd had various symptoms of Lyme going back to the mid 90's. Most recurred yearly around early summer time, lasted a few weeks then subsided. It wasn't until mid September last year that all the same symptoms came to me in one go and several times more vicious!
How can any Doctor come to a reasonable conclusion when you go to him with what looks like RSI in the hands and wrists, then some weeks later, knee problems, full well knowing from what I tell him that I had a major knee injury at work in my teens?
All look like normal aging problems.
Then your OK for months! Thats how Lyme works at first!
Actually, no I wasn't caught early, but I know exactly when I got it, August 1982. I was picking black berries one evening and discovered the tick a couple days later. Dug it out with what I now know were all the wrong procedures and a few days later developed a perfect bullseye rash. Had a doctor look at the rash, but at that time very little was known about Lyme's and the doc said it was a good sign that the site wasn't infected. (Man what I'd give for a picture of the rash, because it was a textbook example.)

Any way long story short, it was 1991 before I was diagnosed and I had several symptoms prior and still have some, primarily severe joint pain, to this day. After 6 months of extreme doses of oral antibiotics and the six weeks of IV antibiotics I just decided the cure was worse than the disease.