BX2350 KUBOTA MMM FEL

/ BX2350 KUBOTA MMM FEL #1  

Newfarmguy

Tractor
bx2350
Hello,
I recently purchased a Kubota BX2350 with MMM and FEL and I had nothing but problems with it. First, the mower deck wouldn't go up and down, it gets at "Top" and get stuck there. Second, the second time I mowed (the first time was only for about 10 minutes), the back wheel and axle came off about 6 inches out of the hub, and lost all fluid. The dealer said it did not have the snap ring on it, fixed it and got the tractor back. Now it has fluid leake (very little though) from the hub. Mower still gets stuck, last time when it ran over a ditch it got released. But I am afraid it will do that again at "Top" setting.

My question is , has anyone successfully returned or exchanged the tractor for a new one? I bought it two weeks ago. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. How can I go about returning or exchanging it? The dealer is a great guy.

Thanks!

/ BX2350 KUBOTA MMM FEL #2  
As with anything mechanical, there can be problems with a new machine. As far as I know, there is no such thing as a "lemon law" when it comes to tractors. I think that the best thing to do is to return to the selling dealer and speak with the owner of the dealership. Be calm and explain that you are having problems with the tractor, even after they did a warranty repair, and that you want them to either fix the tractor so it works properly the first time and every time thereafter, or to replace it with another of like kind. I doubt that they will refund your money, nor will they take the tractor back, but I do believe that they will fix the leak and get the mower deck properly aligned so you don't have any more problems. The Kubota product is a very good product, but like anything mechanical, that has a problem, it is only as good as the person that does the repair. If you continue to have problems, then I suggest that you escalate the grievance with the local Kubota factory representative for your area. It is his job to guarantee customer satisfaction.

/ BX2350 KUBOTA MMM FEL #3  
There should be a knob that adjusts the lowering speed of MMM and 3PH... could be adjusted to very slow?

mark

/ BX2350 KUBOTA MMM FEL
With different knob (speed) settings, the 3PH works fine, not the MMM.

/ BX2350 KUBOTA MMM FEL #5  
I don't have an orange tractor, but on my green one the MMM lift works off the left 3pth draft arm. There is an 'L' bracket the the draft arm must be under. Simple - the draft arm lifts up the 'L', which is levered to the MMM lifters. If the draft arm and 'L' bracket are not working together, the MMM wouldn't lift. Did you check for something like that?

/ BX2350 KUBOTA MMM FEL #6  
I'd take a good look at the mower lift linkage as the decks weigh in enough that it should drop with out any problems. The dealer should take care of the leak under warrantee. While the tractor is at the shop also address the lift linkage problem.

/ BX2350 KUBOTA MMM FEL
Thank you Art. Dealer adjusted the linkage and still has the problem. They still have to get that right.

/ BX2350 KUBOTA MMM FEL #8  
We had the same problem with a BX1850, it turned out the hydraulic cylinder was painted and it was just enough to hang up the deck. The dealer cleaned of the paint and it was dropping slow at first but progressively gotten better.

Try standing on the 3 point hitch if you ever cant get it down again.

/ BX2350 KUBOTA MMM FEL #9  
I have the same setup.. got it about a month ago.. and I'm still learning all the little bugaboos.

I had a chipper shredder on the 3ph last weekend and adjusted the hitch to deal with the weight.. well, then came tuesday I went to mow and couldn't get the deck to drop. It took me a while to remember that the hitch and the deck linkage are on the same cylinders.. but once I opened the valve the deck operates fine.

as for the top setting.. when I've used that to lock the deck up.. I've found that I sometimes have to drop the rear hitch all the way down.. then pull it all the way up on one motion until it stops and the cylinders groan just a bit.. then move the knob off "top" and the deck will drop. I think the locking mechanism is just a little stiff because it's new. Try that and see if it helps.