Can I run a 6' BushHog?

/ Can I run a 6' BushHog? #11  
I agree with farm.. that looks like a KK mower.

Also.. I agree.. a 5'er would be more ideal.. however in light to medium grassy weeds.. try it.. at wort.. just take a 5' cut.. or as also said.. if it's that good a deal.. sell it and get a 5' with the money..

soundguy

/ Can I run a 6' BushHog? #12  
The only thing with just towing the brush hog is you should really know what you are mowing over. I you hit something it's nice to be able to lift up on the hog as well as disengage the PTO.

I think the best piece of advise here is to try it out.

/ Can I run a 6' BushHog? #13  
dtd24 said:
The only thing with just towing the brush hog is you should really know what you are mowing over. I you hit something it's nice to be able to lift up on the hog as well as disengage the PTO.

I think the best piece of advise here is to try it out.

When I wrote to tow it, towing is to substitute raising it for transport...not mowing. This would be for moving the cutter from place to place when not cutting and eliminates the "tail wagging the dog" when a heavy implement is rigged to the 3PH. Since the 950 doesn't have a ROPS (none in any of the pictures I seen have one), lifting that cutter may not be a good idea.
Adding a ROPS would be a great idea. EDIT: Seems like the 950's pictured with a canopy do have what appears to be a ROPS. None of the open stationed machines did, however.
It is preferable (IMHO) to have the top link rigged when one is mowing. I wasn't clear on that when I posted my comments.
The few times I've gotten stuck with a cutter, I've backed out of the area rather then lift. I know some of you guys do lift the cutter, but I don't want those big blades exposed any more then I have to. Sometimes I disengaged the PTO, sometimes I didn't...

/ Can I run a 6' BushHog? #14  
Adding weights to the front of your tractor will help you feel more stable when mowing. When I was using my JD 870 with a 5 ft Hog my front end would lift up on hills without weights, the 120 or so extra lbs up front made a big difference.