Tires How are tires filled?

/ How are tires filled? #11  
Farmwithjunk said:
Fluid is carried lower, having less of a negative effect on center of gravity of the tractor. (fluid may even provides MORE stability)

I would definitely agree with this statement. My Kubota tires are filled just to the top of the rim. It is very stable. I have an inclinometer for my wife's comfort. I peg it so far I can't see the ball with little fear of tipping while using the MMM. Adding fluid seems to move the center of gravity toward the rear of the tractor as well as lowering it. If I get crossed up in a ditch it's always a front tire that is airborne rather than a rear.

Whatever method of adding rear wheel weight you use, you will be pleasantly rewarded with the difference in performance of your tractor. :)

/ How are tires filled? #12  
Farmwithjunk said:
Would that same dealer coincidentally SELL beet juice? (Rim Guard)
It ain't cheap. It IS a good alternative, as it doesn't promote rusty rims or create a hazmat situation with a simple tire puncture.

Ca/cl is corrosive and will kill grass if spilled. You can get more pounds per gallon with CA/CL than any other option.

Windshield washer fluid is a tad more expensive and not completely without environmental risk.

Beet juice can be EXPENSIVE.

beet juice is not a hasmat situation. also ca/cl is a pet attractint like antifreze it is sweet to them and then they die a nasty death. for those reasons it wont be suprising to see ca/cl get outlawed or gentrified out of the system in the near future. winshield washer fluid is a mild in be tween. Personally I would go with the fill kit and beet juice. it would really suck to pee ca/cl all over the garden or somthing of the like that you would like to get some crops off of.