How do you unload.

/ How do you unload. #2  
I think there is prboably a better way, that doesn't stress the truck frame and running gear quite as much. I would have moved a pile of dirt to the rear of the truck and pulled out onto that, then leveled the dirtpile.
Might as well change the oil in the truck while you have it suspended...
David from jax

/ How do you unload. #3  
I've seen some funny things. Guy i bought my JD-B trike from showed up to unload at my house with only 2 ramps.. and it was a flatbed truck.. we are talking about a deck that was at least 4.5' off the pavement.. ramps were just long enough to slightly angle out and not go straight down... He backed that B off and as the back wheels were just about to touch the pavement and the front just getting tot he edge of the gate.. he wheeled it around and let one rear tire ride off the side of the ramp with about 3" left and that was just enough room to get the fronts onto the edge of the right side ramp, and then he turned the wheel hard to the side and let the front come down that ramp.

it was the darndest thing to watch.. I thought for sure there was going to be a fatality in my front pasture that day. All i can say is his must 'clang' when he walks... I sure wouldn't have tried that.. (grin)

Soundguy

/ How do you unload. #4  
I was hard to tell from the pic, but that appeared to be 200 or so size excavator. Those weigh in the neighborhood of 45000+/- pounds. You won't see anyone hauling one of those on a truck like that in the states- WAY too heavy to be legal. That Mitsubishi must be one tough truck to handle that load.

/ How do you unload. #5  
The phrase "Stupid people shouldn't breed" comes to mind after seeing that video. No doubt the truck's frame and running gear were the losers that day and the people were **** lucky they weren't hurt or killed.

/ How do you unload. #6  
mjncad

"The phrase "Stupid people shouldn't breed" comes to mind after seeing that video."

Apparently you do not travel much abroad, I do. See this type of thing often. In lots of foreign countries, heavy equipment is being moved that way (short distance), because there is either shortage of an appropriate trailer or expense involved. Understand, what may seems stupid to you it is widely accepted abroad.

Cheers...

/ How do you unload. #7  
I love stuff like that. People really do some strange things. Pretty good operator!!

/ How do you unload. #8  
mjncad said:
The phrase "Stupid people shouldn't breed" comes to mind after seeing that video. No doubt the truck's frame and running gear were the losers that day and the people were **** lucky they weren't hurt or killed.

Ever see a backhoe climb up a rail road car to unload from the top? They don't use ramps, they lever up with the FEL bucket and push their way on with the hoe. Then they run along the tops unloading as they go.

Actually, the people in the vid knew what they were doing and did it in such a way to minimize any shock loading to the trailer and truck. Bending stresses were probably high (!) but not much shock loading. I'd guess they do that quite often.

jb

/ How do you unload. #9  
Doesn't look too dangerous to me......and I don't think it hurt the truck either....

/ How do you unload. #10  
I would think the most danger in that scenario was to the rear tires of that truck... I have seen tires POP in an event like that.. Obviously much smaller scenario, involving a 60hp tractor being loaded on to a smaller flatbed trailer.. Radials explode pretty violently when they go due to being heavily overloaded.. :)