Freeing frozen quide wheel

/ Freeing frozen quide wheel #1  

JW1554

Tractor
Kubota bx2200
I recently bought a used Kubota BX2200 with a 60" belly mower. The mower works fine, but the guide wheel mounts are frozen up. The wheels are mounted on a round 1" shaft running through a vertical cylinder and designed to turn 90 degrees for removing the mower from under the tractor. While the mower can be removed without turning the wheels, it's harder to do.

I have tried rust freeing spray stuff, big hammers, big wrenches with cheater bars, etc, without much luck.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

/ Freeing frozen quide wheel #2  
Mornin JW,
While a picture would be nice, it sounds like this 1" shaft is frozen in position to another part. My best guess without seeing the whole assembly would be to remove the assembly from the tractor and press the shaft from the vertical cylinder that you mentioned. If the assembly is large and awkward you could also try some heat to the outside of the assembly and try tapping the shaft also remembering not to damage the end of the shaft !

/ Freeing frozen quide wheel #3  
Drench the parts in Kroil and apply daily.
KanoLabs.com

It may takes a few days but if you are not in a hurry the Kroil will loosen the rust.

/ Freeing frozen quide wheel
Thanks for the tips.

I finally got one to move slightly using heat and a large cheater bar, but the Kanolabs product seems worth a try before I break something. I'll order some today.

Thanks again

/ Freeing frozen quide wheel #5  
Kroil is the best penetrating oil I have ever used. My Dad loves it, too.