Highway sightings...loads of New Holland tractors headed South

/ Highway sightings...loads of New Holland tractors headed South #1  

Slacker

Gold Member
Tractor
Farmtrac 360 TLB
Been on Hwy 85 and 95 in NC/VA all this week. Put a few miles on the work van. I don't know if it means anything, but I saw 5 trailer loads of New Holland tractors- and NO loads of any other brand. If it was just one load of NH I would not have noticed...but FIVE loads all at different times, all headed South????

/ Highway sightings...loads of New Holland tractors headed South #2  
I bet it's related to Corriher's closing??

/ Highway sightings...loads of New Holland tractors headed South #3  
Maybe Soundguy is updating his fleet!

mark

/ Highway sightings...loads of New Holland tractors headed South
flINTLOCK said:
I bet it's related to Corriher's closing??

Is Corriher's also stopping ebay sales? That store has been in biz since 1850's!
They posted some pretty impressive profits a few years ago. Nothing on google about them closing down.

/ Highway sightings...loads of New Holland tractors headed South #5  
Slacker said:
Been on Hwy 85 and 95 in NC/VA all this week. Put a few miles on the work van. I don't know if it means anything, but I saw 5 trailer loads of New Holland tractors- and NO loads of any other brand. If it was just one load of NH I would not have noticed...but FIVE loads all at different times, all headed South????
NH is pushing the TT and TDD series heavily from what I understand. If the trucks were in VA and headed south, I would think they were being shipped from Baltimore, which is the port of entry for the European built NH tractors.

/ Highway sightings...loads of New Holland tractors headed South #6  
I thought some of the NH's came in at Savannah. There is, or was, a big assembly facility at Dublin, GA, about 75 miles West of Savannah. I think it is where they assemble the Boomer tractors. I live about 200 miles West of Savannah, and I see trucks carrying NH tractors headed West bound pretty regularly on the "Fall Line Freeway".

/ Highway sightings...loads of New Holland tractors headed South #7  
I was in Virginia last week for a Grandson graduation and saw a truck load of blue headed South, wonder if it was the same one you saw?

/ Highway sightings...loads of New Holland tractors headed South #8  
I travel I-81 in SW VA daily, and see far more NH and Case being transported than any other brand. I can only remember seeing 1 truck with JD on it, it was hauling a 9520.

/ Highway sightings...loads of New Holland tractors headed South #9  
Slacker said:
Is Corriher's also stopping ebay sales? That store has been in biz since 1850's!
They posted some pretty impressive profits a few years ago. Nothing on google about them closing down.

Their website seems current and doesn't mention anything about closing either. :confused:

/ Highway sightings...loads of New Holland tractors headed South #10  
In another thread someone stopped by and talked to someone. Hey are moving to FL and the dealership is closing. Said something about NH will have it open in a week.