The gall of some people

/ The gall of some people #1  

LoneCowboy

Veteran Member
Get a phone call today for the business (sweet, money!!!!)
wife answers
Some guy asking how much for 60 acres?

We tell him
He says "thanks, I've got this job to do and I don't know what to charge"
and hangs up :eek:

a. I hope he's got a 5' cutter for that 60 acres
b. I would have called him back and told him 'well, you can make money at $10 an acre" and watch him go under

The unmitigated gall.

/ The gall of some people #2  
Now that's funny! Dang jerk. Doing business you just know some are "shopping" you only find pricing or even being nosey to discover what kind of money you make but..... to admit it and hang up. Man, that's funny.

I have learned when someone is not diplomatic enough to present enough fake information up front I start asking questions or tell them I'll have to see the work to be done before I quote. This usually "bust" them.

One guy was asking only to find out what kind of money I was making so I politely told him it was none of his business. He got mad and told me, "You can't talk to me that way". I answered, "Well, if you got enough nerve to ask me what kind of money I'm making, which is none of your business, then I got enough nerve to talk to you that way". Thats where it ended.

/ The gall of some people #3  
Another fine, fun day there for you on the front range. At least the scenery should partially make up for it.

/ The gall of some people #4  
LoneCowboy said:
Get a phone call today for the business (sweet, money!!!!)
wife answers
Some guy asking how much for 60 acres?

We tell him
He says "thanks, I've got this job to do and I don't know what to charge"
and hangs up :eek:

a. I hope he's got a 5' cutter for that 60 acres
b. I would have called him back and told him 'well, you can make money at $10 an acre" and watch him go under

The unmitigated gall.

I've had that to happen several times. Get used to it. "Jerk-itis" is spreading like wildfire in this country.

With time you'll even get to where you can recognize folks who are "fishing".

/ The gall of some people #5  
You shouldn't let that kind of stuff bother you. It happens every day, most people just don't know it. It's no different than a competitor going into a store and checking prices. Or you comparison shopping? All's fair in love and war.

/ The gall of some people
Oh sure, everyone does it
BUT YOU DON'T ADMIT IT

and it kills me that this guy gets a nice 60 acre piece and doesn't even know what to charge, and i'm running ads all over and they give the business to this dip?
I'm SURE he has insurance.

bahahahahahhahaha, not.

/ The gall of some people #7  
Maybe he was just wanting to make sure he didn't undercut your prices and steal business from you.:D

/ The gall of some people #8  
By the way. How much do you charge for 60 acres?:D

/ The gall of some people #9  
I kind of admire him for being honest about it. Nothing bothers me more then people lying to me.

Eddie

/ The gall of some people #10  
I do the same thing every couple of years. Except, I tell them right up front that I also mow and asked them if they would be willing to talk pricing for this area. That way we are all in the same ball park.