Anybody use a 3ft BH bucket

/ Anybody use a 3ft BH bucket
Hey Hamer, Do you think that bucket will trench OK. Does it have enough capacity to maybe peel the last 1" of a trench bottom for the whole stroke of the hoe?

/ Anybody use a 3ft BH bucket #12  
Shaley,

You don't want a grave bucket. They are angled so that they make a verticle wall on the far side and the near side. (pretty helpful in making a grave). You want a 36" trenching bucket.

Go back and inform your sales person that Woods makes a 36" trenching bucket, 36" clean up bucket and a 36" cemetary bucket. You want the trenching bucket to make a trench - seems to me.

/ Anybody use a 3ft BH bucket
Thanks JB, Think I'll take all the advise and email the factory and make sure the dealer knows I want a trencher.

/ Anybody use a 3ft BH bucket #14  
shaley said:
Dealer says $1000.
$1000 for a 36" bucket.?? I think thats awful.
I payed $450 for a 36" backhoe bucket.

/ Anybody use a 3ft BH bucket #15  
shaley said:
Hey Hamer, Do you think that bucket will trench OK. Does it have enough capacity to maybe peel the last 1" of a trench bottom for the whole stroke of the hoe?
The buckets we use are trenching buckets. They have teeth. I have seen buckets designed for digging graves that are not as deep and have a flatter bottom and have a single cutting edge. Kubota does not make this type of bucket. We tried once removing the teeth from a 36" trenching bucket and putting on a cutting edge. It worked ok for some of the cemetaries we dig in, but some are sand stone and very hard and you have to have teeth or your there all day.