TT75A New Holland with 3545 Bush Hog Loader

/ TT75A New Holland with 3545 Bush Hog Loader #1  

NH BLUE

Mike Kelly with Kelly Tractor in Longview, TX was the best deal in three states. Call this guy and you won't be sad you paid too much somewhere else. 903-757-6644. I checked them all and he was way under the rest. The tractor with loader is $19400.00 as of June 2007. The prices ranged from $19995-$22000. Some had the New Holland loader but I prefer the quick change and easy to take off Bush Hog 3545.

This is a great tractor. It is on the older frame which I feel is a great improvement over the TN model. If you get a loader you really need the BUSH HOG 3545 loader. This tractor is a 75 horse (not the TT75 made in Mexico, make sure it has an A after the 75!) with a 62 PTO. It was less than $2000 to get 15 more HP so I would say go for it and don't be sorry when you need the extra power or want to bale hay and can't one day. They hauled off my poor old Ford 3000 and we used this tractor to pull it out. The loader was laying beside the tractor and it lifted it and loaded it on the trailer like it was a toothpick. Lifts 10 feet high and loads dirt like cutting through butter. The great thing about this is that the quick attachment is identical to skid steer and will allow you to purchase all the skid steer attachments like the root and brush grapples, fel backhoe, trencher, pallet forks, and tons more. This tractor is a 75 horse monster. It has easy shift on the highway from 7-8 and 3-4. I took off in 4th and it was traveling at about 30mph in no time. The platform is free of levers and gives you a ton of leg room. It shifts easy but I have found it a little difficult at times to get it into reverse. If you are in the East Texas area, Kelly Tractor in Longview, TX is the greatest deal. He sold me the tractor almost $1000 cheaper than anyone else and I searched all locations in Texas. Tractor drives like a car. Easy to handle and heavier than most competitors at 5250lbs. Hood opens like a truck hood for easy access. All fluids are easy to get to and check. No exhaust in the way either. It is in the back portion of the engine instead of running under your feet and getting hot. Lights are in a a great position with high/low beams, turn signals, and flashers. Dash includes time on engine, tach, fuel, and thermostat. Another great thing is that it only has to run at 1970 rpm for your 540 pto. Most ran at least at 2100 for 540 pto. That mean less wear and tear and fuel used. Filled up the tank and did a small job for about an hour in the field, then took it down the road about 2 miles to my friends house and ran it another 30-40 minutes while we attached his bobcat implements to the quick attach loader and went back to my parents home which was about 3 miles from their house, then a mile back to my house. It was still past F on my Fuel Gauge. This is a great tractor for my 50 acres. The loader joystick is located in an easy location to my right. Easy to use the float option to allow the loader to glide across the ground for easy back drag or on a hard surface you can use it to pick up piles of dirt without putting unnecessary down force pressure on your loader. The lack of a remote is a little problem if you have an attachment that needs remotes. You can detach the loader and use it if you want to use an attachment that needs a remote but will disable the loader. If you need a remote you can add one for about $750.

Reasons for choosing this over the competition:

John Deere's low end tractor was a lot higher and a three cylinder. It was also a lighter machine. Parts were higher and I felt I would be paying for the name only.

Massey: Nice tractor, if you want to pay anywhere from $5,000 to $6000 more for the name. It is a heavier tractor but not worth the extra money.

Kubota: Price hit me again. They quoted me a price that was several thousand higher. A much lighter machine. If I remember right, it was at least 1000 lbs lighter.

Mahindra: This was the closest machine to the NH. The bad thing is that it only has a 65 horse tractor for about the same price. Their 75 horse is a higher ended tractor with a high end price. It is a little heavier than the NH and runs a little over 2000rpm for a 540. Everything looked great and even included a fold over ROP. Price was in the range though. Small difference is the LIVE Pto for the Mahindra and fully independent for the NH. Major problem was that if anything went wrong I had to have the dealer down the road from me send for the dealership in South Texas to pick it up, take it back to South Texas, and then back to me. He can fix small problems, when he gets here, but if not it would take quite some time to get back to me. These two tractors are very similar and I have heard that Mahindra's hardly ever break down but the problem is this. If the tractor breaks down, I am needing it now because I am working now. I can take a day to load it up or call for the dealer a few miles away to fix it. If I have to wait a week to three weeks to get it back from the Dealership, I am losing time and patience by then.

Go ahead and spend a little more for the 75 horse. Like my friend told me. You can always wind the power down on the 75 but you can't rev the 60 but to 60. This is an investment that will last for 30 or more years. My Ford 3000 was an early 70's model and was just starting to build up a little account at the the repair shop. I know I don't need a baler now but who knows, I might need one in 10 years and I'll have the horse power then. I am not sure but I don't think you can run one on a 60 hp tractor. Have the horses when you need them and you won't be upset when the 60 bogs down.

Have fun on this big boy!:)

/ TT75A New Holland with 3545 Bush Hog Loader #2  
What was so different with the TT that you thought it was better then the TN?

I have looked at the TT line and have thought about replacing the Ford 640 with one but have not done so yet. The TT looks very solid and should be a great tractor along the lines of the 30 series but the TN has been solid and is very smooth to operate.

Also, the top speed on the TT is 19mph or 30 k/hr.

It is exciting having a new tractor though and hopefully you will keep us updated as to how it works out for you. Congrats.

/ TT75A New Holland with 3545 Bush Hog Loader
Sorry, I typed a 3 of a 2. My wife was following and said it was at least 20mph.

The TN is a nice machine but I couldn't justify the differences to pay Mid Twenties for the package compared to High Teens. I personally liked the 8x2 and didn't feel I would need the 12R gears. The TT has about 17 gal fuel compared to 23 in the TN. The TT is a little wider in the rear but the TN was about 300 lbs. heavier. The TT has the old body style that I liked. The TT is rated 2500 rpm, the TN 2300. TT was 2000 rpm for 540pto, TN was 2200 for 540pto. TT was a four cylinder and TN was 3.

It was a give and take situation and I didn't see enough difference for the cost. I know a guy that has been mowing the interstates that bought a TT and went back and bought another and as far as I know is going to keep using them.

They are both great tractors but, in my personal opinion, the TT was a better value and I am finding it to be strong as can be.

Understand this. I owe my allegiance to no one. I don't care what color the tractor is. All I knew was that my money was green and I don't like wasting it on the color of a tractor. I feel the same way about trucks, computers, or whatever. I look at facts. I want everyone to know that I wasn't for any specific brand either. I looked at them all. I took my time and studied every brand. I didn't care if it was a KIOTI or a John Deere. I was just tired of buying old tractors and having to spend a day of my work, working on the tractor.

I took this approach. I checked all specs, then the prices. I realized that they are all made over seas for the most part and took it from there. I almost didn't look at the TT because I heard the TT75 was not such a great tractor. Then I found out that the TT75 was made in Mexico and the TT75A was made in India and put together in the USA. I heard from dealers that the older TT was sometimes a troublesome tractor. Not all, but some.

I finally looked at the area auctions. I looked at how many Kubotas and John Deere tractors were there. There were only a handful of New Hollands. Now I understand that there are more Kubotas and John Deeres sold and some are upgrading but I also checked into the prices for used parts and labor at my local dealers. Massey was outrageous. I found that you pay more if you prefer Yellow and Green. A friend of mine is the dealer for Mahindra. I almost bit until I found out it would take around a month to get the tractor back once they sent it to south Texas for repairs. I just asked a lot of owners how they liked the tractors and NH came out on top. I actually chose the TT60A until I decided that it would be best to come up with the extra $1600 for the extra horse power.

This is what I found from people that had the other machines.

John Deere owners hated the higher priced parts but loved have a "Deer" on the place.

Kubota hated the weight difference and wished for a heavier machine when loading larger bales of hay and such.

Mahindra hated the wait for the tractors.

Kioti (my neighbor) wants to trade his in for a larger machine. Said it was a good machine but he could have doubled the horse power for the money.

Massey owners didn't think the higher price was worth the difference. Most said that their machines started leaking early and was hard on fuel systems.

This list went on an on. The New Holland owners liked the tractors and loved the dealer. They liked the Bush Hog loaders better than NH 620's though because of the ease in taking it off and the quick connect on the Hog.

Here's a great example already. I saw a little oil on the muffler yesterday. I called the dealer and he said that it had not been run on the Diometer (I have no idea how to spell it) and apologized. Something about the cylinders needed to be burned in properly or something. Forgive my ignorance. I told him it a couple of more small things. I woke up this morning to them loading the tractor up and heading back to Longview. That's 45 miles to the dealer. I think that's pretty good service. The guy that hauled it said they would come back at 50 hours to change the fluids for me too. Saves me a trip.

I know this all may sound a little extreme, but my money has to go a long way and it seemed as though it would go further with the TT75A.

Thanks I will keep you all updated.

/ TT75A New Holland with 3545 Bush Hog Loader #4  
Thanks for the update, I didn't mean to imply you were biased or anything but your original post you made a mention that you thought the TT's frame was a "great improvement" over the TN's. I just have never heard someone say the TT was a great improvement over the TN in any aspect other then price.

They are both nice machines. The main advantage the TN has is with transmission choices. The shuttle shift is great as you don't need to stop and put things into reverse, you just push in the clutch and move the lever (unless you have the power shuttle in which case you don't even need to use the clutch).

For a nice simple farm/utility tractor the TT can not be beat. It seems like a perfect brush chopping/ hay raking type tractor which is why I want one some day. But for more delicate work the TN's transmission choices make it much better suited for spraying, tillage and other farm jobs where you want to dial the speed in for the ground/crop conditions. They all have a purpose which is why NH sells them:)

I do like the hood on the TT. It is the same style as my TN (actually is the same hood). But I also like the new style of the TN's. My friends have a few new TN's and they look great when they are parked next to each other on the farm. One is usually hooked to the sprayer for sweet corn and the other finds itself doing a lot of various task depending on what other tractors are gone.

As I said in my first post, congrats on the purchase as these New Hollands are great looking and great working machines. Plus, blue tractors look better in the field;)

Thanks for the reply Robert.

I didn't think you thought I was biased. I just didn't want others that read this to think that I am a "NEW HOLLAND MAN" only.

As far as the body style. I liked the lights better where they were on the TT. Just seemed a little more level off above my loader. Just a personal preference. Am I wrong in saying that the TN75's muffler was not under the hood? I thought it was above but may be wrong. I didn't need a fully synchronized tranny. The partial synchronized tranny with shift on the go in 3-4 and 7-8 was enough for me.

I just think that for the money, the TT75A is great if you have a little farm that you need to dig post holes, clean off a few acres, keep it mowed, or whatever. What makes this a great deal for me was the Bush Hog 3545 loader. It was only $4250 and I am able to use the same quick connect attachments as the bobcat. I have a root grapple, fork lift, 6' cutter, and I'm getting a stump bucket for $330 to do all my stump removal and burying the stumps afterwords. I use my ATV for the little spraying I do.

I guess if I were doing more detailed work on the farm or needed it for more farming instead of a horse ranch, I would probably need the TN features a little more.

How big is your deer farm? I would imagine that you would make my little 50 acres look a lot smaller. That's a great photo of the buck. Gotta get up there to that part of the country. I have always wanted to visit the forest in that area. I graduated from Forestry School but got into horses with my wife and the oil business here in Texas. Tried to visit the site but it will only let me see the first page. It sounds a little more intricate than my little horse farm.

I truly thank you for your insight and experience. Guys like you make it easier on newbies like me. I'll keep in touch on how the TT is doing.

/ TT75A New Holland with 3545 Bush Hog Loader #6  
I forgot that link is still in there, I have not had the time to rebuild the page so the only page still active is the home page.

The TN has an upright exhaust pipe (the actual muffler is under the hood) or you can get the exhaust that comes out down low. The upright exhaust is offset so it really doesn't affect your view much and it puts the fumes up high so you don't breath them in as much. My 1920 has an offset upright muffler also but it is lower then the TN and in the vineyards it keeps the fumes down low where I constantly breath them in. On the TN-F's they exhaust is low under the step but you still have the fume issue plus the issue of possibly burning yourself if you don't pay attention. There are plenty of options for exhaust locations all depending on what you want to use the tractor for.

Also, you don't have to tell me about the TT line as I know all about it and what it would be good at. It is a nice tractor and is a great price. I would have one already but I "need" to buy a new TN-F for the vineyard and orchards. So money is being set aside for that machine first, then a TD-D, then hopefully the TT and maybe a T6000 when the 7710 is set to retire from main tractor duty.

The deer do not require much work. Just keep them fed and watered and keep the pens maintained. The hardest part was just building the pens but that is all done now so things are fairly easy now. Our deer only take up around 30 acres as we only raise them.

The exhaust is one of the problems on the TT. I know it's out of the way and everything but when you crank that buddy up, it does blow a little in your face.

Robert, what do you think about stump buckets for the TT. Will it put much strain on the loader. Check out rootgrapple.com and tell me what you think about those implements. I am leaning toward the 3/8 inch steel grapple since it weighs less and will probably handle all I can do. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

/ TT75A New Holland with 3545 Bush Hog Loader #8  
I have no idea with the stump bucket, put a post in the attachment forum asking about them and you will get some proper advice. The only loader attachments I use are a snow blade, buckets and pallet forks and they are all pin on attachments, not quick change. It isn't too bad as the snow blade goes on the 1920's loader during the winter and the forks go on the TN if I have a situation where I need them. If I ever buy another loader tractor it will have quick attach though.

Is there any way the dealer can add on to the exhaust to move it down under the tractor and possibly out the rear?