Would you go up it Part II

/ Would you go up it Part II #1  

johnk

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota GST Grand L3130 w/ 723 loader, Ags
This is a annex to my pervious post last November or so..
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/96597-would-you-go-up.html

The weather has been very dry and I figured if I didn't give it a try now, It would be never. There was really only one part I was worried about because it was all washed out, off camber and loose rocks. Here's some pics of how it went.

Startingup.jpg

Headed for the part I feared.
IMG]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r107/gizmo285/TRactor%207-07-2007/Theascent.jpg[/IMG]

Washedoutoffcamber.jpg

Steepandloose.jpg

Upandtothetrails.jpg

Prettygrownin.jpg

Tamedtheoffcamber.jpg

Lookinglikeatrail.jpg

Havingfunnow.jpg

Lookingbetter.jpg

All done. Checked the shorts and no problem...

Jobaccomplished.jpg

Gotta love those cup Holders for when the job is done..

Beeratfinally.jpg

Last edited:
   / Would you go up it Part II #2  
Johnk,
Nice photos. It took me a while to track down your previous post. You might want to reference that post and explain what you are doing. Seems like water bars are needed across your trails to prevent erosion if this is a recurring problem.

Waterbar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MSWoodlot

/ Would you go up it Part II #3  
johnk said:
This is a annex to my pervious post last November or so... The weather has been very dry and I figured if I didn't give it a try now, It would be never. There was really only one part I was worried about because it was all washed out, off camber and loose rocks. Here's some pics of how it went. All done. Checked the shorts and no problem...
Well done John! You've made it look easy! :) As one who keeps getting calls to do work on the sides of hills that a mountain goat wouldn't climb, I applaud your hill climbing capability! :)

Dougster

/ Would you go up it Part II #4  
Johnk:

Good job :)! I think if I was in your seat and checked my shorts :eek: well, uhm, I guess I would need to change :rolleyes: Jay

/ Would you go up it Part II #5  
Congrats John,
I gotta ask, how many Labatts Blue were consumed to get the nerve up ? ;) Just kidding, I know your safety conscious ! :)

/ Would you go up it Part II #6  
Nice pictures and nice of you to share.

I work for the Louisiana DOTD. I am in one of many highway maintenance crews. I cut grass with tractors daily. You should see some of the slopes we drive the tractors on. Some days, I am very glad I don't have a stomach virus that day!:D:)

Travis R

/ Would you go up it Part II
Travis,

It would be interesting to see some of your pics. They are always welcome and fun to look at. If I had to cut grass everyday on slopes like you depict, I'd probably feel quite rubberery in the legs after 8 hours.

/ Would you go up it Part II
Travis,

It would be interesting to see some of your pics. They are always welcome and fun to look at. If I had to cut grass everyday on slopes like you depict, I'd probably feel quite rubberery in the legs after 8 hours. At least if you flipped it over you'd have someone around. When I go up in my woods I don't even get a cell phone signal.

/ Would you go up it Part II #9  
John,
Those are great pictures ... even better than the ones in your first thread I think.
It must be like an adventure every time you go up there.

/ Would you go up it Part II #10  
Travis_R said:
Nice pictures and nice of you to share.

I work for the Louisiana DOTD. I am in one of many highway maintenance crews. I cut grass with tractors daily. You should see some of the slopes we drive the tractors on. Some days, I am very glad I don't have a stomach virus that day!:D:)
Travis R
Some of the slopes are totally outrageous. There is one area that the state mows a few miles from my house, that I want to get pictures of if I ever catch them mowing it again. The back of the tractor is down hill and the back of the batwing is uphill. The rear wheels slide down and across the complete distance. Like in the link.

Attachments

• Mower-slope.jpg
    Mower-slope.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 408