A day in the woods

/ A day in the woods #1  

shade2u2

Gold Member
Tractor
NH TC33D
I spent most of yesterday out at our wooded property on my tractor. Even when it started raining, we were able to get some work done. I've had "baby blue" stored at church for 2 months & it was nice to get a little workout. The new heavy-heavy duty toothbar on the bucket made a world of difference with stumps & brush
I had help from a friend with his JD 490 trachoe with 42" bucket & thumb. That is definately the machine for clearing trees & brush. He could push the tree over, I would cut off the stump & tops. Then he pick up big brush piles & place on the burn pile or a bundle of 6-10 trees to stack for cutting. He got the stumps out in a few minutes.
Here's a pic of what we started with. I will post another of the aftermath once the weather clears.

Attachments

• 47-114282-Dscn0048b.jpg
    47-114282-Dscn0048b.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 219
   / A day in the woods
Here's a pic of the hoe after some work in the background.

Attachments

• 47-114283-DSCN0001(1)B.jpg
    47-114283-DSCN0001(1)B.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 278
   / A day in the woods #3  
John,
You got that right, there probably aint to many stumps it cant handle/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Nice looking piece of property.

/ A day in the woods #4  
Sounds like you had a real good day..everything went right and a nice clean job.
By the looks of the photos it didn't get to muddy..whew.

/ A day in the woods #5  
A friend with a trackhoe? That could be very handy. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Looks like you are doing a fine job and you definitly have the right tools for the job. How large of an area are you cleaning up? Keep us posted.
Rich...