Tractor
    NH TC33D

Default A day in the woods

I spent most of yesterday out at our wooded property on my tractor. Even when it started raining, we were able to get some work done. I've had "baby blue" stored at church for 2 months & it was nice to get a little workout. The new heavy-heavy duty toothbar on the bucket made a world of difference with stumps & brush
    I had help from a friend with his JD 490 trachoe with 42" bucket & thumb. That is definately the machine for clearing trees & brush. He could push the tree over, I would cut off the stump & tops. Then he pick up big brush piles & place on the burn pile or a bundle of 6-10 trees to stack for cutting. He got the stumps out in a few minutes.
    Here's a pic of what we started with. I will post another of the aftermath once the weather clears.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    NH TC33D

Default Re: A day in the woods

Here's a pic of the hoe after some work in the background.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    Kubota B2630

John,
    You got that right, there probably aint to many stumps it cant handle[img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Nice looking piece of property.

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

Sounds like you had a real good day..everything went right and a nice clean job.
    By the looks of the photos it didn't get to muddy..whew.

Tractor
    BX2200 / FORD JUBILEE

A friend with a trackhoe? That could be very handy. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Looks like you are doing a fine job and you definitly have the right tools for the job. How large of an area are you cleaning up? Keep us posted.
    Rich...