Service bulletins- Does your dealer share them with you?

/ Service bulletins- Does your dealer share them with you? #1  

Slacker

Gold Member
Tractor
Farmtrac 360 TLB
Based on posts by other members, it sounds like some dealers routinely pass service bulletins along to the customers. Is this common practice or just exceptionally caring dealers?

Case in point, the Farmtrac Mitsubishi 300/360 diesel "inner" air filter is no longer needed. A service bulletin was sent to dealers stating this. It is to be removed. I was not alerted to this by my dealer, and purchased both filters from napa. If I had purchased the filters from him, perhaps he would have told me about the inner filter being no longer needed. We may never know....
I'm not blaming my dealer for this, just wondering if others get the "heads up" passed along to them.
Does your dealer let you know when bulletins are sent out that may effect you?

/ Service bulletins- Does your dealer share them with you? #2  
Slacker said:
Does your dealer let you know when bulletins are sent out that may effect you?

and by this you mean what? when im standing at the parts counter, or... he calls me up on the phone and says hey theres a new TSB out...

on a side note,

Due to the civil trial i was a juror on for 5 weeks on a wrongfull death suit, (Service bulitins making up a signifcant part of the trial) It is my understanding (after the trial) that dealers are not required to contact customers. Only "check" equipment that they touch needs to be check to see if any TSB's apply to it. They are then required to indicate to the customer that there is a TSB on the equipment they own. They are not required to fix anything, and or provide "adivse" on how best to deal with a TSB. (note a Service Bulletin is diffrent than a RECALL)

/ Service bulletins- Does your dealer share them with you? #3  
I have not seen or heard from my dealer for over 2 years since i bought my tractor. I have called to get prices on other equip but only talked to parts guy.

/ Service bulletins- Does your dealer share them with you?
schmism said:
and by this you mean what? when im standing at the parts counter, or... he calls me up on the phone and says hey theres a new TSB out... <snip>

Well, email works well. That's the primary method I use to contact my dealer.
He also has my fax and cell numbers. The method used is moot. The question is if your contacted at all (as you pointed out, TSB are not recalls). I assume anything saftey related would fall under the umbrella of recall.

/ Service bulletins- Does your dealer share them with you? #5  
Slacker said:
I assume anything saftey related would fall under the umbrella of recall.

on the lawsuit i sat on, you would be incorrect.

There were three TSB's issued concerning an exaust part over a year and finnally (not of the companies own doing) a recall was issued a year after that.

/ Service bulletins- Does your dealer share them with you? #6  
No longer needed ?!?! People routinly add inner air filters to tractors without them. Why on earth would you not want it?

/ Service bulletins- Does your dealer share them with you?