Dividing line

/ Dividing line #1  

Youare

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3000
I was wondering, what are the qualities necessary for a tractor to be classified as a compact. I have heard of sub-compact tractors, but when does a tractor graduate to the next class and what comes after the compact?

Randy

/ Dividing line #2  
To be called a compact, it must be able to hold lots of lipstick and have a mirror, and fit in the palm of a woman's hand.

Now if you guys don't know what I mean then this post will look really silly /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

Cheers

/ Dividing line #3  
Owww. That was bad. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Though my wife thinks thats something I would have said. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Dividing line
I'm wondering now if I really have a compact tractor, I can't seem to find the lipstick pocket or the blush brush. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Randy

/ Dividing line #5  
If you have a storage compartment with a plastic snap down lid on your tractor, you have a compact. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Whew.... my 4100 is not equipped with one! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Terry

/ Dividing line #6  
I would use the same criteria when determining garden tractor or subcompact

Garden tractor= category 0 hitch
subcompact= Cat 1 weighing less than 1000lbs?
compact= cat 1
utility= cat 2

now when does a pond become lake?

/ Dividing line #7  
A pond becomes a lake when you're selling time shares. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

SHF

/ Dividing line #8  
Actually the BX weighs 1200 lbs, and since to my knowledge IT is the ONLY sub-compact in existence this makes the question easy, if it is not a BX it is a GT or LT or some other strange device or it is a compact or larger.
Compact tractors I think it is stated in Muhammeds book are tractors less than about 50 horsepower. In my thoughts the JD4600 and the Kubota L4610 are about the end points of the compact, anything larger is no longer a compact utility tractor but a utility tractor.
The BX the only sub-compact you say?!, well the new and very expensive Cub may qualify and the new JD4010 may qualify while the new JD400 and 500 series are still lawn care devices with attachments and tractor styling and some tractor features.
I think Kubota screwed up when they said the BX was a new class of tractor, a sub-compact, because now everyone wonders what a sub-compact is. Actually, in my opinion they should have stated the BX is a small compact tractor. Another way of looking at it and I think it is Kubotas thought as well is that the sub-compact is a small utility tractor with some GT features such as a low, wide stance and excellent mowing capability and manuverability and stability and is user friendly combined with the power, durability, versatility of a compact. Soooo, will the real sub-compact please stand up.

Attachments

• 47-115759-2bota.jpg
    47-115759-2bota.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 124
   / Dividing line #9  
Tres,
<font color=blue>"I think Kubota screwed up when they said the BX was a new class of tractor"</font color=blue>

What would you think if Kubota had said the BX was a large Garden Tractor? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Al

/ Dividing line #10  
<font color=red>now when does a pond become lake</font color=red>

And how long is a peice of string?