Transmission fan replacement?

/ Transmission fan replacement? #1  

tsatter164

Have seen posts on replacing transmission fan but can't find them. how much of a job is it? This is for a Bx1500. See it is problem when MMM is not attached and you go over a small stick. I did it.

/ Transmission fan replacement? #2  
Most of the transmission fan replacement posts I have seen were for JD 2210 or 2305 models. You might want to try an archive search for those models

As I recall one fellow talked of splitting the fan to get it around the shaft without disassembling anything & bolting it together with a collar.

Another post was for a home built fan shield but you had to keep it clear for air circulation.

Good luck.

/ Transmission fan replacement? #3  
Unfortunately on the BX tractors, the hydro drive shaft does not collapse so if you want to do it right, the transaxle or engine have to be moved - a big job.

Many dealers now take two new fans and use most of the first one (after cutting a slot to the hub with a hacksaw and then cut the hub out of the second and use it for reinforcement. Pop rivets hold it together and who cares what it looks like.

Best answer would be a two piece fan for service use.

/ Transmission fan replacement? #4  
It really isn't that bad depending on your experience. I have an auto mechanic that swears it only took him 30 to 45 minutes. I like to think within an hour is good.

/ Transmission fan replacement? #5  
The older BX's are fairly easy. Some remove the seat pan (which means alot of other things have to come off too) and others just go at it from underneath. The older BX's have just a hair of wiggle room when one unbolts the driveshaft to be able to wiggle it out.
Do a search on BX23 or BX2230 HST fan replacement

I understand the newer BX's (1850, 2350 & BX24) may not have that wiggle room and may necessitate either moving the engine assembly forward or the HST rearward to R&R the fan. I'd say moving the engine forward would be the easier, but I haven't done it nor heard it done.
From what I've read, the entire engine assembly can be moved by removing all the cowlings (bonnets) and unbolting the 4 engine carrier to frame bolts. One only needs to slide it forward an inch or so so I wouldn't think unhooking any electrics or hydraulics etc would be necessary. But then again I'm not sure so take this with a grain of salt.
On a BX1500 I'd say it would fall into the older category and may have the wiggle room.
Posted for info, OP may have already done the repair and hasn't reported the fix.
In any case good luck.