Tires Titon tires

/ Titon tires #1  

rayc45

I have a 4 month tractor with Titon r4s. The front ones seem to have worn fast and the tread is cracking. Seems excessive compaired to others. Anyone else having excessive wear or cracking with these tires? I have 145 hours on these, but they look like 1000 hour tires that i've owned in the past.

/ Titon tires #2  
Titans have been around a pretty long time, although they are not as well known as Firestone or Goodyear. I have R1s and also had them on my previous tractor with no problems. How long did your tractor sit out in the sun on the dealer lot before you got it? UV is tough on tires, so is ozone in the air, which might be a problem in some more urbanized areas or California.

/ Titon tires #3  
The Titan R4's that came on my 4110 held-up very well. Been kept outside all of it's 6 years, 2 years in the terribly strong Florida sun. I have had no mercy on them, lots & lots of use on gravel and in creeks, miles driven on pavement. In their 1300+ hours of use, I would guess that the fronts were in 4x4 operation 1100 hours of that. Those tires still have at least 40% tread. I would imagine you have a bad set of tires.

/ Titon tires #4  
Talk to your dealer about it; I had a set replaced that did the same thing; mine were turfs though. No charge; about 16 months old.

/ Titon tires #5  
daTeacha said:
Titans have been around a pretty long time, although they are not as well known as Firestone or Goodyear. I have R1s and also had them on my previous tractor with no problems. How long did your tractor sit out in the sun on the dealer lot before you got it? UV is tough on tires, so is ozone in the air, which might be a problem in some more urbanized areas or California.

Titans ARE GoodYears. More accurately, GoodYears are Titans. Titan bought out GoodYear's AG tire division a few years back. They still sell as seperate brands, but as time goes along, you'll no doubt see more of a "blending" of the 2 brands.

Titans are in general a "good" tire, but have a reputation for premature cracking. They also have a reputation for sidewall failure when used frequently to carry heavy loads. (i.e. carrying round bales...) From all accounts, this is more prevelant when user runs a relatively low air pressure. I have a set of Titans (on a 3000 Ford) that are close to 20 years old. They are covered with small cracks, and have been for years. (I bought the tractor 2 years ago, but know the original owner) While the cracks hurt appearances, they haven't effected their performance one bit.

/ Titon tires
I think I got a bad set. Titon's web site did'nt say anything about a warranty. I hope they stand behind their product. My dealer said it's hard to get a reply from Titon, but he would contact them.

/ Titon tires #7  
My Titan turfs have about 260 hours and nearly 3 years on them. Still look good. I disengage 4wd if I go very far down the driveway but leave it on for snow work on the driveway.

Ralph