Playing with my buddys 1957 Farmall-cub

/ Playing with my buddys 1957 Farmall-cub #1  

Timber

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800
I'm getting ready for my cookout and my buddy brought over his 1957 Farm-all to cut some grass

000_0680.jpg

000_0681.jpg

000_0682.jpg

000_0684.jpg

/ Playing with my buddys 1957 Farmall-cub
It was pretty cool playing with this thing. He has had it for several years. Found it in an old barn somewhere. It has always been a runner. It is in great shape and completely unrestored

000_0683.jpg

000_0685.jpg

000_0686.jpg

/ Playing with my buddys 1957 Farmall-cub #3  
That's a handy little machine there! Did it cut all of that lawn in the last picture? It looks like it was fun to drive, although a little uncomfortable on the plain steel seat.

/ Playing with my buddys 1957 Farmall-cub #4  
As far as I'm concerened, those are the ORIGINAL "compact tractors". They run like a sewing machine, last almost forever, get the job done, and don't take up much space. Tough act to beat.

no we did that with a cub cadet. It has a flail mower on the farm-all. we were cutting tall grass and weeds the we box bladed everything back

Farmwithjunk said:
As far as I'm concerened, those are the ORIGINAL "compact tractors". They run like a sewing machine, last almost forever, get the job done, and don't take up much space. Tough act to beat.
I have to agree with you there, It is a little 9 horse motor, perrr like a kitten LOL. He said they called it a 100 acre tractor.

/ Playing with my buddys 1957 Farmall-cub #7  
My mom mows her three acres with a Cub Lo-boy. It's the same tractor except the front spindles and rear axles are shorter to the tractor frame sits about 6-8 inches lower. That offset engine really opens up the visibility.

/ Playing with my buddys 1957 Farmall-cub #8  
Most likely the best tractor $ vs. quality ever made. I have a Farmall 140,a big brother to the Cub. I have a 5' mower deck under it and has been cutting grass for 25 years.

/ Playing with my buddys 1957 Farmall-cub #9  
LOOPHOLE said:
Most likely the best tractor $ vs. quality ever made. I have a Farmall 140,a big brother to the Cub. I have a 5' mower deck under it and has been cutting grass for 25 years.

Mornin Loophole,
I agree I have two offsets, a 1942 Farmall A and a 1949 Super A. They are the big brother to the little Cub, almost twice the engine size, but still very handy machines. I use mine for plowing snow, cutting the field edges with the sicklemower and hauling cord wood !

Attachments

• SuperA07.jpg
    SuperA07.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 284
  • SuperA07A.jpg
    SuperA07A.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 325
   / Playing with my buddys 1957 Farmall-cub #10  
Up until a couple of years ago, I used my 64 Lo-Boy to mow my 5 acres (retired it in favor of a ZTR). My father-in-law purchased it in the 70s and mowed with it until we took over the property. It is still my snow plow of choice. Lots of visibility. I still mount the deck mower in the summer to maintain trails.

Attachments

• cubblade.jpg
    cubblade.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 302