Storing tractors in portable storage buildings

/ Storing tractors in portable storage buildings #31  
curly said:
Here's a pic of our place during our every other year snow.

Is this a kit home?

jmf

/ Storing tractors in portable storage buildings #32  
jmfox said:
Is this a kit home?

No, we came up with some plans with this company. They have the logs cut and delivered and then come stack them for you.

Here's their website. This is a link to a few pics of them stacking our logs. We were supposed to send them more pics of the finished product but we haven't gotten around to it yet.

Log Castles

They have plans that they will give you but most of them looked like fancy ski resort homes and we wanted simple old fashion log cabin with porch across front and back.

/ Storing tractors in portable storage buildings
Thanks for the replies, guys. That's a lot of ideas you gave me.

My problem is, I have to fit a Case 580 Xtendahoe in it. I need to be able to get 9' of clearance into the door. It's probably at least 24 feet long, too.
I need a pretty big shelter. The good news is that it will be surrounded by a tall fence on 3 sides and a high buiding wall on one side so that will knock the wind down considerably.

/ Storing tractors in portable storage buildings #34  
They make huts for Tractors that size. We had one to work on Semis inside over the winter and Rain. There is a company near me that sells them. There is also one on 95 in the Bridgeport CT area that sells them. The key is in the Assembly

I just built this one last week but it is too small for your needs
000_0690.jpg

Clear a spot to build
000_0691.jpg

Lay out all the parts and inventory
000_0692.jpg

000_0693.jpg

lay out the roof
000_0695.jpg

This one has cable cross trusses
000_0697.jpg

The roof frame

YouTube - post hole

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/k9tsKxPIFvc"></param><param">http://www.youtube.com/v/k9tsKxPIFvc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k9tsKxPIFvc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Last edited:
   / Storing tractors in portable storage buildings #35  
000_0699.jpg

I did this alone and it was not that bad. I did it in 2 days when I wasn't in the pool
000_0700.jpg

I usually set 4 post in the ground to secure the building
000_0701.jpg

000_0702.jpg

000_0703.jpg

If you notice there are reefing polls in the lower sides to keep the shell tight. The 1 piece top
and side is a great design
000_0704.jpg

/ Storing tractors in portable storage buildings #37  
Yup you sure can, This one is too small but they make one with an 11 foot opening. They even make them for planes. Look at the engineering ones LOL way more than you need for just one machine LOL

It is made by Shelter Logic

ShelterLogic - Home

1-800-278-1617

Mine was $300 bucks at BJs but like I said we have used much bigger ones to work on Semi trailers in during bad weather

/ Storing tractors in portable storage buildings #38  
The most important step when you put up a shelterlogic product is the GROUND ANCHORS!!!!